Howdy from an Illinois USMC vet that will survive

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by priest75, May 1, 2011.

1. priest75

priest75 My Brother's Keeper

Hey yall - name is Chris. Just joined last night, 4/30/11 and am already impressed with the topics, conversations, posts and outpouring of soooo many people helping one another out in here. I am self employed (own a landscaping business) have a small organic fruit and veggy farm, chickens, turkeys and just started on the inevitable WSHTF bunker. Wife is a union electrician so ALOT of know-how when it comes down to construction between the 2 of us. Hoping our knowledge can help some of yall here as well as some of your shared wisdom enlighten us as well. We are preparing for day x along with a couple handpicked individuals, our 4 sons and our black lab. Hope to talk to many of you on here about anything from politics, self reliance, gardening, alternative energy, going green, you name it.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. ra5451

ra5451 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard....I'm sorta new too...The folks here are great...:wave:

3. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome!:wave:

Come on in!!!

4. priest75

re: welcome aboard

Thanks, and yeah they seem to be so far... Too many of these sites I have been in are clustered with f**ktards and a$$holes talking sh!t and trying to be better than everyone else. If it came down to a WSHTF, I wanna know that there are others besides myself, that I helped them survive, that they helped my family survive and that we can all make it one way or another given the opportunity.

5. priest75

Thanks mama bear, be gentle on me and stick to your salmon - much tastier then us people types c(-:

6. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

7. priest75

thanks brother:beercheer:

8. tortminder

tortminder Well-Known Member

Welcome from the Chicago suburbs

Welcome to the forum from the near northern suburbs of Chicago. As you have already discovered, there is a good group of folks here.:2thumb:

If you're anywhere around the Chicago area check out the North Shore Old Time Skills.:wave:

And, by the way, thanks for your service, Semper Fi!

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

10. IlliniWarrior

IlliniWarrior Well-Known Member

Welcome From Chicagoland

Greetings from a fellow Illini resident ...... the state might be $4.5 Billion in the hole, but nothing to worry about ....... the Prez will bring his checkbook along when he comes home in 2012 ........

11. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.