Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the news, the Fl mass shooting; https://www.yahoo.com/news/orlando-police-multiple-injuries-nightclub-shooting-082553236.html ,for reasons unknown as of yet but what type of security was not present? Door security personnel, mechanical metal detectors, a pre-entry check point; something for sure was not present. A good question to ask before entry is what type of security do you have in place? Who is checking the back doors? Is your security stationary or roving? I know it sounds to military but I`m always on military time I have to ,we had another shooting in a neighborhood far from mine, regular occurrence , local boys or criminals shooting up a house for whatever reason ,the point here folks is that you never know when is going to happen or where.

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Honey I live,work and "play" in WV. You have no idea who is carrying and who isn't. I feel safe wherever I go because I know I'm carrying.

You show up at someone's house here without calling first or doing so in plain site and you will have a weapon in your face fast.

Even the Leo's don't get out of their cruisers until their backup comes or the owner(s) come outside. And they make sure to announce themselves with their siren ( whoop whoop) btdt here

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you hang out in gun free zones, you are totally unsecured. If you live in an urban society your odds definitely go down. If you live in an agrarian, physically hard working, self-sufficient, heavily armed society, your odds definitely are better.

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
I've been out of commission for a while and not online but will chime in.

This was at a nightclub, a NIGHTCLUB for goodness sakes. What do you feel they need to put in for protection? TSA like gropeings and metal detector scans and all that? Facial recognition systems just in case some KNOWN nut job wants in?

This was just some moron who didn't like to see boys dancing with other boys or kissing each other or girls doing the same thing. I'm sorry to point this out but, there ARE folks like that is this world now. Maybe there were before also but we didn't have the sensationalistic and fast media we have now. Bad news sells. Do we ever see stories on the evening talking heads about any of the 450,000 folks who die each year from smoking? No, I don't think so. I really don't want to bring race or religion into the discussion but will for a quick example. The stop the program headline news is a white person shot a black person, must be a hate crime! Well, what if the colors were changed? Does any of that make stop the press news? How about same race shootings? Has a black officer never shot a black man before? I never see it make headlines so must never happen?

Someone kills someone with their automobile, where is the screaming for background checks before buying a vehicle? Should we all be required to put in metal scanners and x-ray machines to check everyone that wants entry into our homes, restaurants or hotels? Take away their guns they will use knives, take away the knives they will use baseball bats, take them away they will think of something else. Where does it end?

I ramble a bit these days, I apologize for that. Bottom line is if you are going to go out in public, you will have to deal with the general public, good or bad, sorry that is just the way it is.

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
I've been out of commission for a while and not online but will chime in.

This was at a nightclub, a NIGHTCLUB for goodness sakes. What do you feel they need to put in for protection? TSA like gropeings and metal detector scans and all that? Facial recognition systems just in case some KNOWN nut job wants in?

This was just some moron who didn't like to see boys dancing with other boys or kissing each other or girls doing the same thing. I'm sorry to point this out but, there ARE folks like that is this world now. Maybe there were before also but we didn't have the sensationalistic and fast media we have now. Bad news sells. Do we ever see stories on the evening talking heads about any of the 450,000 folks who die each year from smoking? No, I don't think so. I really don't want to bring race or religion into the discussion but will for a quick example. The stop the program headline news is a white person shot a black person, must be a hate crime! Well, what if the colors were changed? Does any of that make stop the press news? How about same race shootings? Has a black officer never shot a black man before? I never see it make headlines so must never happen?

Someone kills someone with their automobile, where is the screaming for background checks before buying a vehicle? Should we all be required to put in metal scanners and x-ray machines to check everyone that wants entry into our homes, restaurants or hotels? Take away their guns they will use knives, take away the knives they will use baseball bats, take them away they will think of something else. Where does it end?

I ramble a bit these days, I apologize for that. Bottom line is if you are going to go out in public, you will have to deal with the general public, good or bad, sorry that is just the way it is.
No rambling Woody, just good points...Good to see you.

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woody is very right ,one crazy bigot individual and the media goes crazy yes there was no military style security and yes even then nuts have gotten in military installations before and even the FBI has stated that you just can`t predict the human mind but hundreds of crimes are committed everyday in America ,where is the media?, knifes ,baseball bats, vehicles ,a white police officers shots a Black or Hispanic and all hell breaks loose so much so that all the reverends come out of their caves to entice the populace into a frenzy ,and I thought they were supposed to keep the peace ,the politicians just want to get elected and we all know that this entire affair is nothing more than a big hypocrisy the media sells their paper and more commercials and they want more gun control laws ,well how about vehicle laws or kitchen knives laws or Molotov cocktail laws ,there are so many ways to do evil and an evil mind can`t be predicted, if that was the case how come we have so many physiatrist and none of them can’t cured a donkey.

·
Peckerwood
1,437 Posts
I guess I'm naive to such things, about the only things in my environment that scares me are the copperheads and a big dose of seed ticks. I don't even have a key to my front door, think my wife does though. I cant really imagine having to worry about that kinda crap but we always stand ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts