Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
Lol.
I am about 30 miles from the capitol, so if it gets hit by an actual nuclear missile, I got no shot. If its a dirty bomb or something like that, then I got a chance to get outta here.

Watching the footage of 911, I remember being in NYC (I have friends that lilve there and go up there a lot) with some other friends who hadnt been there before (and wont go back) and going to the WTC, and seeing the line around the corner to go to the top. I was disappointed for my buddies, but for me, I said to myself "Ah, what the hell, I can always go, its not like its going anywhere"

The last thing I would be thinking about is how the govt would survive.
I am thinking by biggest issue would be crossing the bridge to my BOL. Maybe I need some kind of blow up raft.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I remembered watching it now when it aired originally. If DC went down I doubt the US would stand without martial law going into effect and the Military taking over.

The guy said "Imagine if a nuclear bomb hit your city"
all I could think was that would be a waste of a perfectly good bomb.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it interesting , but don't quite believe all the numbers of dead, wounded etc. I actually feel it would be much higher then those given I also have a really hard time believing that the military would listen to someone other then the elected cabinet unless prior instructions were given. Also, I would find it hard to believe that our current gobt would do anything other then apoligise to the "eastern world"

Look at the chaos in Japan, and that wasn't even a bomb, and now place the bomb here and try and imagine the results.
Fema? After seeing them in action during Katrina. Who are they kidding ?

·
1,810 Posts
Oh those numbers were incredibly understated. There are millions of ppl in DC during the day. Tons of tourists, not to mention the hundreds of offices surrounding the mall. The chaos would be unbelievable.

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
I have like three mountains between me and DC. I still expect the golden hoard if some event did go down. I expect the cockroaches from the town over the mountain from me.
We will be starting the digging for the root cellar very soon. Just got the bobcat serviced.
I was looking at a map someone had given a link for, and I saw where it looks like the bridge over the potomac river and also an airport near me could be a target because AF1 "could" land there.

·
1,810 Posts
I'll have to cross the 81 bridge. I'll swim across if I have to, and have our friends on the other side rescue us. Hope it doesnt happen in the winter when the water is up!
"My silver is dragging me down! glug glug..."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts