How do you think people will react to the movie 2012

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mandiex4, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mandiex4

mandiex4 Mom of 4

How do you think people will react to the movie 2012? Do you think it will start a panic? Do you think more people will start stockpiling? I was just curious......

2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I'm not worried about other people panic stockpiling, I keep my food storage topped off at all times. Just a little every month for years now. Keeping my canned goods rotated and fresh is easy, use front cans in pantry and add new to back, for larger cans I write the expiration with felt tip maker on top so it is easier to read. Other consumables like gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel, propane, and butane are stored also, just for this kind of panic buying. Isn't this one of the many reasons why we are using, learning, teaching and communicating, on this forum.

I believe it will promote stockpiling though, and I see this as a good thing not negative, people shouldn't have to have a Y2K, 2012 movie or similar to start. Unfortunately, in short order as with post Y2K, the people start getting rid of or letting their food storage deplete.

Remember the Ant and the Grasshopper fable

3. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I think they'll walk out. Anybody else see the previews?

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

5. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

LOL.......You might be right!

6. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I like Nick Cage but he is the king of the shouty over acting.

[​IMG]

Excuse me H.I. but who wears the pants in this here family?

7. almac

almac Active Member

i hope it scares the hell outta them, and they all run from the theatre kicking and screaming like babies...:D

unfortunately they will probably go back to their normal sheep habits a day later...:(

8. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

I predict there will be a surge of new people signing up here, once that movie hits the screen...

but after a month or two that will probably die off and people will be back to their normal day to day life.