How Do You Do This?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by UncleJoe, May 26, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

sounds familiar to this (warning this link contains graphic text and some loud noises, not for the faint of heart, but hilarious none the less)

This is a post by kogneto. The word "this" is a link. How do you get that single word or a group of words to represent a web page link instead of the entire address showing up in the post?

2. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Hi, you have to do it as follows:

1. you type the word of whatever you want to link, for example, "google" and you select it with your cursor, so it turns blue.

2. then you find the symbol up top with the small globe and a sideways eight. (Or if you are mathematically inclined, the symbol for infinity) and click on it. when you hover over it, it should say insert link or something.

3. then you insert the link into the pop-up box, and you hit enter

Examples: google , joke , you are here , etc.

greetz,

V.

Last edited: May 27, 2010

3. UncleJoe

OK. I'll have to try that. Thank you. :kiss:

BTW. I'm no mathematician. I only got as far as algebra, but somewhere along life's journey I did learn the symbol for infinity. :D Thanks again.

4. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Oh I didn't intend to offend you or something, its just that me being in Europe, I just wasn't sure whether the same symbol would be used in the US...

greetz,

V.

PS: thanks for the mankiss :p I'm not accustomed to those, but I appreciate your thanks nonetheless!!

5. UncleJoe

No offence taken. When I went back and read my response to you, I can see how it could sound that way. Sorry. :eek:

6. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

actually, funnily enough, it's not infinity, but a chain link ;)