How did the forum start

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by bunkerbob, Oct 30, 2009.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

To Dean, Naekid, Canadian, I'am curious, when and how did the forum start. Maybe its been answered before but I couldn't find any info. Whats your long term goals. By the way keep up the good work. As you know this is the first time I have been in a forum.

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

It's Dean's forum so you have to ask him. I stumbled across it while doing some preps and decided to post some threads. My threads got a really good response so I stuck around to read them. I was offered moderator and I accepted. I work from home on the computer and I visit the site several times daily to read threads and ban the spammers.

Self-reliance is the way of the future. I think we'll see the forum and the mindset grow as the economy gets worse and world resources start to run out.

Who knows? Perhaps one day we'll all be able to get work as survival "experts" teaching average people how to get their act together.

3. sinbad

sinbad Well-Known Member

I agree
    Although my prep knowledge is still basic and I keep learning from cuh prep forums, but compared to what many people think about preps certainly makes me "an expert" LOL

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

4. northernontario

northernontario Well-Known Member

Pretty much what Canadian said... Dean started it all, and added a few moderators as the site grew and his attention was taken by other stuff. I seem to recall a period of a month or two where I saw no activity from Dean... I actually thought he had passed on the reins. But no, he's still here.

Good work by the team.

5. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

The short-story about the beginning of PreparedSociety.com - it is a child of our mother-forum at JeepForum.com. JeepForum.com has spun-off several other forums as the need became known or when approached with an idea of a spin-off.

Dean had the idea for PreparedSociety - JeepForum created the space for it to grow. Some of the child-forums worked out well and some died-off from lack of interest. We are following the basic rules and guidelines that we used when we started JeepForum.com which have worked very well for building a forum and so far, it looks like they are working again .. :2thumb:

6. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

:beercheer: I like it here and will try to get on as much as i can. My dang black box is doing funny crap to me. First time on in a while. Thanks dean, this is one of the best sites for info i,ve ever seen. Lotsa knowledge on here. This old hillbilly says thank ya i,ve learned a lot on here. Not posted much but i,ve been around a while. Hey! i never said i was the sharpest tool in the shed. :sssh:

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I was curious about this too. I went back through the old posts and the oldest one I found was dated 10-3-08. Is that about the time it was started?

8. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

I’ve been a on a few different forums (not all survival related) and I too was wondering about the history here

9. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Yup.:congrat:

10. NaeKid

Glad you agree with me, my friend! :beercheer:

11. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

When was this board launched? (how long has it been up and running?)

12. NaeKid

If you look at the join-date below Dean and my names - you will see a date of October 2008 .. :sssh:

13. youpock

youpock Well-Known Member

This forums a win!

14. SnakeDoc

SnakeDoc Well-Known Member

Yep, I am pleased to make the find. We need to be prepped and I have preached it on other boards to jeers of "tinfoil". Even boards that pertain to my religion (LDS) often lack any devotion to provident living.

15. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

DO you have a link to the LDS prep Websites? I'm curious.

16. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member