How bout a big thank you note, ya reckon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kyfarmer, Apr 16, 2010.

1. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

We all should be so thankful for all the taxes the dear leader has shoved down our throat's. How do i know this he told me so. :scratch All those pesky tax protester's should be thankful, yep that's right, without so much as a smile, this was no joke that fool really thinks this. Unless you bow down and lick the mighty ones boot's, you are fodder for the machine. So be nice and write a e-note and send your thanks for all those great taxes we should embrace with joy. I didn't know getting dry shucked should feel so good. :p So thank you dear leader and soon as i can get my super glued fingertips off my toes and ever sit down again i will write that dam note. :wave:

2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Tomorrow I will comment on paying taxes, its steak and martini night Fri night as usual, clear head not apparent, just a quick comment though, I still think we get a lot for our taxes, military, police and fire protection bar none, one of the best highway systems in the world... on and on. I can sleep at night and really not worry about someone kicking in my door and hauling me off to some secret headquarters, and I can still communicate with you guys on this forum without reprisal or consequences. More later, good night.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010

3. kyfarmer

Can't knock our modern thang,s. We pay more than enough to take care of everything and everyone, it's the rampant misuse of our tax dollars on a massive scale that i do not care much for. Not anti tax, i,am anti letting those rectum,s steal me or even us blind. We need our services and pay way more than they would need if the sticky fingers would stay outa the cookie jar.

4. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. What taxes would you be referring to exactly?

5. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

Anyone read this article? related to talk about taxes

6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Our Goobermint could get by quite nicely on HALF the current taxes if they'd get rid of the chaff......
    Failed Social Programs (that garner only votes...)
    Failed Foreign Aid that gets us the undying hatred of those we help.
    Ever larger Government itself - each time some danged self-important politico (doesn't matter the Party) creates a new bit of legislation, we see more staff added to administer it, often a whole new Department is created with full staffing, building, service and upkeep costs - and We The People get virtually nothing in return.
    I'd estimate fully 60% of current Government staffing could be cut without adversely affecting the people at large. They only serve themselves at that lofty level.

A wise man once opined the only things the Federal Government should be doing are:
    1) Provide for the National Defense.
    2) Keep the US Mail running.
    3) Manage Interstate Transportation and Trade.
    4) Manage International Transportation and Trade.

All else should be left to the States.

7. kyfarmer

Now that's what i,am talking about. :congrat:

8. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

read: 2 wars on other side of globe

read: failing post offices across the US

read: collapsing infrastructure

read: exportation of democracy

9. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Yes, because they have stretched far too thin. If the FedGov stayed strictly to what is NEEDED, the system wo!uld run quite nicely - this is the entire problem. Same as those families with ten maxed out credit cards - need money, apply and get ANOTHER CC! This the FedGov does, but with taxes. And having a new pot of money, they are like dumb teens - gotta go spend it! :(
    If we could get beyond this silly need to be the World Police, to "Spread Democracy" to those who can't even understand the term, to stop trying to 'feed the world' when our own people are starving in places - then we would have the money to take care of business! :dunno:

10. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Time to pray for gridlock? After all, if they can't fix it then maybe doing nothing would be the best option.

11. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

i would disagree, working towards a solution to any problem is the best option, even if there's disagreement, shoving something under the rug is not a fix

12. kyfarmer

100% agree stopping this head long rush over the cliff would at least be an improvement. As far as the lets talk thang, they don't give a big flying bull shat what anyone of us thinks. Grid lock would be an improvement for sure. By the way throw all the present rectums outa office, vote on what they do, not what the fork jawed b tards say they will do. It's time to dump the party bull and vote for america, the commie thang ain't for me. ;)

13. mosquitomountainman

I agree to an extent. Good intentions, while making bad results easier to forgive, arent' enough. There needs to be at lest a modicum of competence here and, unfortunately, the federal gov't. seems to screw more things up than they fix. (The things you mentioned being a prime example.)

Perhaps if they weren't so busy trying to regulate everything else about our lives (and make us the world's policemen at the same time) they would have time to straighten out the business they should be attending to. But I imagine they'd screw that up as well.

So what's the answer? They don't listen to our ideas or concerns because they think they have all the answers. Their good intentions are just screwing things up even worse. They're like a drunk driver. The first thing to do is get them off the road before they injure or kill someone else. After that perhaps longer term corrective measures can be pursued. Until we actually get some competent people in there gridlock sounds like a great idea to me.

14. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

As for taxes, I like to be kissed:kiss: while I'm being [email protected]#%$d.:eek: What if all of hard workers quit and got in line for our free hand out too.:surrender: That's probably what the gubbamint wants us to do though, rely on them so they can control us.:eek:

15. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I live on Social security, but I paid into it, the dimocraps under Johnson started raiding the fund to balance the budget, then they used it to give money to people who never worked a day in their lives ( Welfare ) and others who never paid a dime into it for their votes...I don't have to justify drawing it...

As for Medicare I don't have it, I declined it because the rest of my income is from the VA as a DAV, I'm not in a wheel chair and I have all my limbs, but under the rules as written in my enlistment contract I'm entitled to what I get which includes my health care, again, I earned it the old fashion way... and when I go into the va clinic and I see some young kid with no legs my heart breaks and I feel unworthy, but as I said I earned it, I just didn't have to pay the price he did.

I will give up my SS and DAV checks when the bastards in DC spending tax money to get reelected to office give up their $125.00 haircuts, subsidized by the tax payers, their crab and lobster lunch's in their special "cafeteria" where they pay $4.00 for that meal and the tax payers pick up the rest of the cost, when they kick that leach called the UN out of my country and get us out of it and when they do a lot of other things I've mentioned before... until then I'll keep my money thank you and anybody that thinks I'm being a hypocrite can kiss my old scared up wrinkled white ***!...

Next time I'll tell you what I really think... and I'm a by god tea party person and I ain't no F&*^%$N republican or dimocrap... I am a real 100% American by birth and have the right to say what I think and what I want in the way of government , if we disagree then fine coz if your the same as me then you have that right, but as rev wright said "God Damn" left wing liberal media pukes who try to make me out to be anything other then what I am because they disagree...

Sawed off shotguns at 20 feet would stop their **** pretty fast.. dueling should be brought back!...

Sorry but something about this thread just sorta pissed me off....:beercheer::beercheer::beercheer:...as that Icon of free speech said in LA..... "Why kain't we all just get along"?

16. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

I think this is my final word on the gridlock issue (unless someone wants to continue that discussion:p). Our founders intended us to work together toward a more perfect union. Can you work towards union by stonewalling the opposition? (both sides guilty here)

sailaway, I like your response if only because I hear you talk about your granddaughter and you remind me of things my grandfather would say :D

hozay, you can't generalize the entire population that uses Welfare as having never worked a day in their life. You may object to the idea of supporting them, but to say anyone who's in the position to need it is there of their own volition is unfair and uninformed.

I agree though that bastards in DC swindle money. Hell I think there are bastards everywhere trying to swindle me, just check your junkmail folder. There was even an article detailing the worst governors so we don't have to look as far as DC to find political bastards.

but as for dueling with sawed off shotguns, remember a duel means you're both firing them at each other, mutually assured destruction doesn't solve anything ;)

17. kyfarmer

Ain't we supposed to take the keys from a drunk driver. Can't stop these from fools from driving but we can at the least let the air outa the tires. Maybe they can't drive as fast, least that's something. :D

18. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Let me make it a bit more clear, my rant was against the liberal news media that paint's Tea Party people on SS as hypocrites , not at anybody in here who had an opinion .

As to the Welfare remark, yes there are people out there who need all the help they can get and should get it. But you and everybody else knows the Demo party has made a career out of providing enough welfare payments to assure the vote of those who don't and never have worked, I'm not just pointing at Blacks, there are just as many whites and all other races who have nursed at the sugar tit of the demo party, I say democrats because they bear the most guilt but a lot of Republicans deserve an *** whipin' too.

Years ago I read an article written by a Black journalist John Dhoretey ( SP) it was entitled
    " White Liberal Racist" and laid out the way the liberals have kept the blacks in the ghetto with the use of welfare , never enough to allow the one who really want out to do so, and to keep them in one mass voting block because they would always vote for the ones giving the checks out. made sense to me.

And no I'm not blind to the fact there are people a lot closer then DC who are just as guilty, As "MY" ol grand pa said "Son, ya kain't kill the snake by kickin' it in the ***, ya gotta get up there an stomp on it's head"

As for the MAD thing, some times ya gotta fix bayonets and take it to the enemy to get the job done.

you need to remember I'm an old former Marine grunt and in the corp a well laid out plan of battle was for the officers to stand up and say " there's the enemy, lets all go over there an kill em" and we did and have since the US of A was a baby in diapers. No talk, no discussions, just work hard and get em killed in time for lunch.

In any argument one can find many different paths to lead away from the main issues, but it still don't change the facts and the fact is there is something really rotten in Washington and it needs to be buried...

there if I ruffled feathers then that's life, I should never join in a discussion involving Politics or Religion, coz I have real solid opinions of both and usually manage to piss off a lot of folks..

Some day I will grow up and decide what I want to be in life.

19. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Interesting Article

I like some aspects of the Tea party movement i.e. smaller government, but I find some issues with it also and I think this article sums up quite a few of the issues I have. While I am not an expert on what is left or right from a new media aspect, I know a lot of folks feel CS is either centrist or a bit right which makes it all the more interesting.
    'Tea party' activists: Do they hate liberals more than they love liberty? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

20. mosquitomountainman

When it somes to the media, left or right, anything written needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Vote for the candidate, not the party.