House Votes To Repeal Healthcare Law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Elinor0987, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Elinor0987

Elinor0987 Supporting Member

I read on the CNN website that the House of Representatives just voted to repeal the healthcare law. According to the article, it most likely won't get past the senate where a majority are Democrats that support Obama's healthcare reform bill. The optimist in me would like to give them credit for following through with the repeal vote, but the skeptic in me wonders if it's all being done for show. If they could at least modify parts of the healthcare bill to prevent it from contributing to the rising unemployment levels, that would be progress.

House votes to repeal health care law against long odds - CNN.com

2. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Here's the message I received through email...John Boehner and company told the fraud in the oval office, you repeal the deathcare bill:eek: or we in the house will not approve the debt-limit increase:congrat:, and we will not sign the budget bill and the governments, state and federal, can close the next day.:ignore:

3. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

I hope they have the backbone to back that up (no pun intended). They will be under so much fire!

4. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Just the motion of doing it, won't pass but one can alway's hope can't we.

5. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

Sounds like a choice of poisons to me.

Either Obamacare which will bankrupt and ruin the country. OR
    Higher debt limits which will bankrupt and ruin the country.

:nuts:

Did I miss a class in economics??? :confused::scratch

Don't believe the Republicans have the backbone to really do what is necessary to turn this economic nose dive around. JMHO

6. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Uhhh...last I heard, this nation is already bankrupt!!:cry:

7. alanz

alanz Active Member

Whoa.

[​IMG]

8. IslandNewt

IslandNewt Libertarian Individualist

This move is pretty symbolic considering the Dems in the Senate aren't going to pass it.

Even if they do, Obama would just repeal their repeal.

9. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

at the end of the day, the reasoning behind it is 100% irrelevant, the point is that they said they would do it & they did... :rolleyes: