Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the CNN website that the House of Representatives just voted to repeal the healthcare law. According to the article, it most likely won't get past the senate where a majority are Democrats that support Obama's healthcare reform bill. The optimist in me would like to give them credit for following through with the repeal vote, but the skeptic in me wonders if it's all being done for show. If they could at least modify parts of the healthcare bill to prevent it from contributing to the rising unemployment levels, that would be progress.

House votes to repeal health care law against long odds - CNN.com

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I read on the CNN website that the House of Representatives just voted to repeal the healthcare law. According to the article, it most likely won't get past the senate where a majority are Democrats that support Obama's healthcare reform bill. The optimist in me would like to give them credit for following through with the repeal vote, but the skeptic in me wonders if it's all being done for show. If they could at least modify parts of the healthcare bill to prevent it from contributing to the rising unemployment levels, that would be progress.

House votes to repeal health care law against long odds - CNN.com
Here's the message I received through email...John Boehner and company told the fraud in the oval office, you repeal the deathcare bill:eek: or we in the house will not approve the debt-limit increase:congrat:, and we will not sign the budget bill and the governments, state and federal, can close the next day.:ignore:

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
Here's the message I received through email...John Boehner and company told the fraud in the oval office, you repeal the deathcare bill:eek: or we in the house will not approve the debt-limit increase:congrat:, and we will not sign the budget bill and the governments, state and federal, can close the next day.:ignore:
I hope they have the backbone to back that up (no pun intended). They will be under so much fire!

·
Afraid, very afraid
145 Posts
Sounds like a choice of poisons to me.

Either Obamacare which will bankrupt and ruin the country. OR
Higher debt limits which will bankrupt and ruin the country.

:nuts:

Did I miss a class in economics??? :confused::scratch

Don't believe the Republicans have the backbone to really do what is necessary to turn this economic nose dive around. JMHO

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Sounds like a choice of poisons to me.

Either Obamacare which will bankrupt and ruin the country. OR
Higher debt limits which will bankrupt and ruin the country.

:nuts:

Did I miss a class in economics??? :confused::scratch

Don't believe the Republicans have the backbone to really do what is necessary to turn this economic nose dive around. JMHO
Uhhh...last I heard, this nation is already bankrupt!!:cry:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whoa.

·
Libertarian Individualist
2 Posts
This move is pretty symbolic considering the Dems in the Senate aren't going to pass it.

Even if they do, Obama would just repeal their repeal.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
This move is pretty symbolic considering the Dems in the Senate aren't going to pass it.

Even if they do, Obama would just repeal their repeal.
at the end of the day, the reasoning behind it is 100% irrelevant, the point is that they said they would do it & they did... :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts