Homesteading Statistics

Discussion in 'General Homesteading & Building' started by porksoda, Nov 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. porksoda

porksoda Guest

Does anyone have any statistical data on how fast homesteading is increasing lately? How could that data be come up with?

2. Blissness

Blissness Guest

I don't know any stats or how to come up with them but I know that the idea of homesteading and self suffiency is much more common these days then 10 years ago....shoot, even 5 years ago. And I think that's great!

3. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

No clue either but I think rural and urban homesteading is going to boom in the next 5 years.

4. Carol&Steve

Carol&Steve Guest

I would agree with you, Dean.

5. Derek

Derek Member

I would like to third that opinion! :wave:

6. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

I, for one, am just getting into "doing" something about homesteading. I've been collecting some of the individual skills all of my life. And if you ask my wife, I'm something of a tool hoarder as well. But it's only recently I've been learning about putting it all together, working to being a husbandsman of a parcel. Now, I just need to get the finances together to get a parcel of land!

7. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

We would be very interested in seeing some stats as well. We began our homesteading journey 2 years ago and are well on our way. Due to very limited budget and no desire to go in debt, we are taking it one step at a time.

8. Derek

Derek Member

I don't have the means right now to start a Homestead up so I did in my opinion the second best thing! I stated my Website/Blog about Homesteading, I started Homesteadearth.com I can put all my ideas, plans and info there to store until the means become available or for other people to check out and get ideas too!

Best Wishes

Derek