Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
As the technology is advancing the crime rate is also increasing to a higher extent. In order to make the house secure, it is necessary to install security systems. Hence you can protect your house from the attack of thieves and burglars. I am planning to install a security system for the safety of my house. Do anyone have more ideas on it? Please chime in your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Unsolicited advertising is strictly prohibited.

Consider this your only warning.

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
Security?

As the technology is advancing the crime rate is also increasing to a higher extent. In order to make the house secure, it is necessary to install security systems. Hence you can protect your house from the attack of thieves and burglars. I am planning to install a security system for the safety of my house. Do anyone have more ideas on it? Please chime in your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
It isn't so much the "security system" you get, it's the RESPONSE TIME for help to arrive that matters. Dogs, guinea hens are immediate "alerters," but only dogs can make an impression on the invader (preferably deep teeth impressions).
The combination of a good dog, a motion-detecter/direct notification alarm system (inside the home if you have an outside dog, outside the home if you have an inside dog), and your personal firearm is almost unbeatable. If you aren't at home when burglars strike, your life is not in danger, and nailing the perp (or not) is going to depend entirely on "local response time."

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
DB, Before you can get solid advice, you need to provide more details (not you actual address). Do you live in metro area, suburb, rural or mountainous area.

One plan does not fit all. Help us help you with a few more details. Chickens work great but not in an apartment. Big dog with big teeth also works great, if you are not subject to homeowners association rules. See the point, more info, better suggestions.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Im sure security in southern India ,

Kochi , India.... will be somewhat different than here in West KY, USA.

Jim

·
1,292 Posts
It's a tough one to answer. A home security system is only as good as who installed it, who monitors it and how far/close ems is away from your place you installed said security system.
If shtf scenario ever happens a security system is worthless unless you have the know-how and are prepared to defend said property.
So it really depends on what you want the security system to do. So with that said what do you want it to Do?

·
1,292 Posts
I have an attack cat for security! That feather did not stand a chance!
I bet it didn't. We also have a cat and dog. Our dog is a good watch dog and does her job, but our cat is the funny one. She growls at the tellephone guys and only him when he comes over to fix the internet.

·
Banned
592 Posts
IMHO "home" security starts outside the home a perimeter warning system , landscaping .. defensive lighting that makes it hard to see thru windows at distance and will make it hard to spot movement behind the lights . hardened doors and windows ... entry's with vestibules that you can use as a lock down trap .. various internal electronic devices Amazing1.com has examples like high intensity electrical shocking system that you can wire to certain things you do not want strangers to touch http://www.amazing1.com/categories/high-voltage/shocking-electric-modules/grid.html .. chemical deterrents like https://www.burglarbomb.com/ hidden rooms windows or storm windows made from UV resistant Polycarbonate http://freckleface.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/polycarbonatesheet.html

also planed and hardened firing points if it comes to that with due regard to where bullets might go if the exit the building ... there are a few more tricks http://www.amazing1.com/ultrasonics.html
all of which you can do and leave a room or a whole house looking exceedingly normal

not sayin' I use or do not use any, some, or all of these.. they are all legal where I live and I do love to tinker

silent alarms if you want the police to catch them audible alarms if you want them to be somebody else's problem

Dogs need to be trained

but you will never know :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Our dogs let us know when anyone is within 1/4 mile of the house. Plenty of time to grab a shotgun. We rarely leave the place and never on a schedule.

·
Just walking at the edge of my grave
4,246 Posts
I prefer a hovercraft with a built in forward mounted spear.

Attachments

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
Our dogs let us know when anyone is within 1/4 mile of the house. Plenty of time to grab a shotgun. We rarely leave the place and never on a schedule.
Best alarm system known, and comparatively inexpensive upkeep!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts