Home on Leave!

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by Sonnyjim, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Sonnyjim

Sonnyjim Prepping

Hey guys,

I'm just on my 2.5 weeks of leave back home from Afghanistan and I thought I would drop you all a line and say hi. Since being over there I've actually subscribed to Backwoodsman Magazine and I've been sent some back issues of it, so even in the desert I can still keep up on my self sufficiency. My wife bought me a t-shirt that says self sufficiency on it(I know geeky) but I wore it out today picking what's left of the end season raspberries and beginning season blackberries for some pies. I'll be taking some recipes off the website and out of Backwoodsman for our camping trip to Algonquin next week. Anyways, I hope all of you are doing well, I hope people are still contributing some good material to the site and I'll be back in 5 months(hopefully) to enjoy this great website. Cheers guys.

Sonnyjim

2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Welcome home, be safe when you return.

3. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

Well Hello! wait!..............where are you going!!!!!!? LOL

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Welcome back Sonny. Good to know that you haven't taken the ride down the Highway of Hero's. I keep hearing the names of our military taking that final ride and keep hoping that it isn't someone that I know personally.

Enjoy your time in the Algonquin PP, eh!

5. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Welcome back! Enjoy your time home. Be safe when you return. Thank you so very much for your service.

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Don't eat too many blackberries at once. They'll give you a belly ache. :D

See you when you get back.

7. fobhomestead

fobhomestead Well-Known Member

Hey Bro!! I am new to this forum, but am glad to see you here! Enjoy your mid-leave and we will be here when you return. I was there in 2007-2008. lol... "Cheers" :sssh:

8. fobhomestead

RANT TAF (Typical Amy Fashion)

I live on the border of Canada and I listen to the Canadian radio stations. I am just going to say right now that some of the BEST warriors I knew over there were not necessarily from the good ole' US. ((Gonna Forrest Gump it here... Thats all I gotta say about that)).
    It infuriates me how msm in the US distorts and uses our Fallen Warriors for their personal and political agenda, and what pisses me off even more is the attitude that our Coalition forces' Fallen dont matter. F*&^ THEM!! Those dam* Bastards dont know what they are talking about!! I am glad I live where I do and can be notified when another warrior has fallen. I for one know first hand how heart wrenching it is. I for one have stood at the ramp ceremonies for 4 different countries. I really do know now what it means when we say "All gave some; Some gave all". ((Sorry, my PTSD is kicking in... gonna log off for awile or I will keep going). bbl. (be back later)

9. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I used to be the comp.tec for the Canadian DND, so, I was able to meet many of our soliders, command-staff, recruiting-officers, etc. Some of the stories that I was told when I was armpit-deep into the guts of a computer will always be with me.

Our boys-n-girls don't have all the toys like our brothers-n-sisters in the US-military have, but, what we lack in toys, we make up for in heart.

10. testhop

testhop Well-Known Member

thanks sonny .
    as a very old g.i both navy and airforce .
    i learn to keep 3 things down. your head your hand and your butt

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Enjoy your leave (and the berries!)! Stay safe, and thanks for serving! Look forward to your return in 5 months!

12. fobhomestead

I couldn't have said it better, eh?
    :D
    Heart and Humour.

13. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome back Sonny, enjoy your leave and your family. Glad you like Back Woodsman, it's one of my favorite reads.

14. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

Welcom back and be safe when you go back. Thanks for your service and thank all you buddies when you go back. :)