Home from Hospital

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by OldCootHillbilly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Well, wound up in the ER at 4:30 this mornin, had a pain from my spine on the right side all the way round ta my belly button. An was passin blood, was perty sure what it was an they confirmed it. Gotta love kidney stones!

Past a 1mm stone an still got the 2mm stone to get rid of. Sent me home with pain pills an have ta see the family doc on Monday before I can go back ta work.

A pain like no other I ever had!

2. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Jes take a sip o' that 'shine and it'll fix ye right up. :beercheer:

3. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Glad you are home. Hope the other stone passes "easily" (if that is possible). I'll certainly keep you in my prayers.

4. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

ouch. hope ya feel better

5. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Hope everything comes out allright for ya.

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

:lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash:

:crossfinger: for ya buddy

7. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Good luck with that. My dad had a kidney stone years ago and I still remember the look on his face. Here's to a speedy recovery.

8. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Ouch! Many years ago, my dad also had a couple. It did not seem like a pleasant experience. :( Get well soon.

9. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Kidney-stones and I go back a long way. I have had to give up all calcium-rich edibles (milk, tums, enriched-with-calcium foods), rarely drink pop and drink more pure water than alchohol. I have added pure-cranberry juice to my morning sip and have cut back on coffee significantly (one mug a day at most) ...

The small 1mm stones don't bother me any more (1/16th of an inch) - it is the 5mm stones (3/16") that bug me - especially when they get wedged half-way down the final-mile :gaah:

10. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

One of my coworkers has chronic stones also. They have worked on her diet to no avail.

I think she is one of the reasons I have such low tolerance for the Village Idiots next door, aka Stepdaughter and Son in law. SD gets a disability check from military for PTSD (was a labor and delivery and nursery tech for goodness sake, declared unfit for overseas within 6 months of enlisting). Then she went through social security disability for headaches. And got it.
    Yet I see my friend working with kidney stones so bad she is practically puking from the pain. Same with her migraines, which don't seem to be touched by any medicines they have tired.

My hats off to any of you that suffer through kidney stones and keep on going.

11. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Hope it passes while you are on meds. I had one about 15 years ago, it was actually this size . when it passed under morphine, felt like the size of a VW bug :eek: I wanted to keep it as a momento but the nurse just laughed and flushed it down the drain.

12. pmabma

pmabma Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon, I had them, thought I would die before it was over, never won,t to go threw that again, pain was terrible.good luck on that last one.