High Country Journal

Discussion in 'Fiction & Non-Fiction Stories' started by HozayBuck, Mar 10, 2010.

1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Coming soon to a theater near you.. :D

Attached Files:

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Loved it!!!

It kept me laughing from start to finish :congrat:

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:2thumb: You got more writing ability than I ever will. I'll just read other peoples stories and stick to my music.

P.S. You leave Dog alone! :D

4. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

Yes!!! Excellent. We want more!

5. NaeKid

I am still waiting for Hozay to send me the raw files for the next parts so that I can convert them to .pdf for him <hint, hint my friend>

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

The plan was to drink my coffee and read ... just a little ... :eek:oops::surrender:

I got started and could not STOP!

Excellent!!!! :congrat::congrat::congrat:

7. HozayBuck

I thank you all !! your kind words mean more to me then you will ever know ! I dumped a mess on poor ol NaeKid to edit or tweek or massage and I know he's working on it as much as he can, I have another one that " I " think is good enough to post now but I'll let him decide..

My forth story is called Star Fall and I really got into it but allowed myself to get side tracked from the plan and I now need to read it myself and decide to keep it or change it.. I think there is a much better story there then the way it went..so...

Anyway thanks all!!

Hozay Buck

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I enjoyed "High Country Journal" so much, I can't wait to read your next one! Hurry, naekid! (just kidding!) naekid works hard to edit and change the format for us on our stories, and we appreciate that!

9. NaeKid

True that. I am about 110 pages into the story working it over, only 40 more to go (or so). If I can get my "real-work" cleared off my desk, I'll have time to finish it off and convert to .pdf.

10. HozayBuck

Well ya know, if you'd stop screwing around trying to make a living and pay for your 4x4 addictions you'd get more free work done!!!...:D

11. HozayBuck

Howdy All...

There seems to be an ongoing battle about hat "IS" is.. or better put about improper writing styles... so I'm bringing my first ever writing effort back to the top of the thread... the reason fir this is so that maybe some of you can read my introduction at the beginning... I seem to have left out the fact that my education seemed to hit a brick wall at grade 6... I blame the worlds most miserable sorry assed excuse for a teacher in the world...

Standing in front of the room and belittling those who don't meet "your" ideas of a perfect student is a piss poor way to teach... today the teachers are way to PC to do this but many still ain't worth spit...

And then there is the fact I was not a perfect student in fact I was not even a "bad" student... when she started in on myself or one of the 3 or 4 other targets in the room I tuned her out.. she once yelled at me asking if I was listening to her.. I looked up from my book and said ...Huh?..uh..no.. lol she got purple!!.. it was a good color on her!..

All this to say.. No I'm not a educated man, nor am I looking to be one , I've also never claimed I was , nor would I..

I thank those who have come to my defense over these supposed slights.. thank you, but lets now let this dog sleep...

As I said before when you write you can do anything you want... One of the folks I've shot with at the Iron Man didn't make the shoot the next year.. his buddy's said he was tied up with a book thing... I asked and they said he wrote a book!! WOW..WAY COOL!!!..

And he did a really good job of it!!... and I'm gonna give him a plug coz it's a really good read...

If you liked the Underworld movies you'll like this book...

"Monster Hunters International "

Product Description
    Five days after Owen Zastava Pitt pushed his insufferable boss out of a fourteenth story window, he woke up in the hospital with a scarred face, an unbelievable memory, and a job offer.

It turns out that monsters are real. All the things from myth, legend, and B-movies are out there, waiting in the shadows. Officially secret, some of them are evil, and some are just hungry. On the other side are the people who kill monsters for a living. Monster Hunter International is the premier eradication company in the business. And now Owen is their newest recruit.

It’s actually a pretty sweet gig, except for one little problem. An ancient entity known as the Cursed One has returned to settle a centuries old vendetta. Should the Cursed One succeed, it means the end of the world, and MHI is the only thing standing in his way. With the clock ticking towards Armageddon, Owen finds himself trapped between legions of undead minions, belligerent federal agents, a cryptic ghost who has taken up residence inside his head, and the cursed family of the woman he loves.

Business is good . . .

Welcome to Monster Hunter International.

About the Author
    Larry Correia is hopelessly addicted to two things: guns and B-horror movies. He lists his occupations: gun dealer, firearms instructor, accountant, and writer, and was until recently part owner of a company specializing in firearms and movie props. He shoots competitively and is a certified concealed weapons instructor. Larry resides in Utah with his very patient wife and family.

Larry's second book just became available it's called Monster Hunter Vendetta.. bit deeper but just as good..

Check em out.. on Amazon!
    And if it is to be that you die, then at least meet your God nobly and with pride.Meet it as the proud warrior that you were, not as the sniveling coward so many are. Nobody lives forever-get over it.
    Die like a man.

Politicians like diapers need changing often and for the same reason

12. HozayBuck

Back to the top...

read the preface please

For some reason I can't get this damn thing to do as I wish.... if anybody cares they can track down HCJ on page 2of the stories..

13. twinfly

twinfly Member

Hozay,
    Been a lurker for a while, but decided to come out of the woodworks to thank you for the entertaining read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and your writing style!

twinfly

14. HozayBuck

Thank you Twinfly !! I was beginning to think nobody like it... there's more !!! keep looking! I'm shameless! :D:D:D

15. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Awwww, Hozay, you're too modest! :lolsmash: Throw another log on the fire, Hozay, and sit down and get writing more stories! :D

16. twinfly

twinfly Member

Don't worry Hozay, I've been reading the others too!

17. Wags

Wags Active Member

What a fun read! Thanks!!

18. HozayBuck

Bumping from the basement !!

19. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Glad to have it bumped! This is a good read.

It's available on Amazon now, in case you'd rather pay for it than read it here for free.:sssh:

20. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

I liked it too and I just bought it... on my kindle!!!!!!!!