Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Never Underestimate The Power Of A Pissed Off Woma
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Well, let's see, where do I start.
Hmmm, i'm a 47 year young lady who team drives with my old goat driving a big truck across this country of ours. I was raised out in west texas in a little town called Roaring Springs about 70 miles from Lubbock. Been driving for almost 9 years now. I want a little place out in the country where I can have some chickens, hogs, goats, milk cow, etc.
I'm trying to become more self reliant by relearning to can, stocking up, making my food instead of buying it from the store. I'm sure you all know what I mean. And i'm fighting an uphill battle because the old goat dosen't think there's a real need for this but I know feel more secure when i'm trying to do it. In my estimation i'm between 4 to 6 years out from my goal. Meanwhile i'm learning and reading.
I'm 4 years out from paying my house off in the middle of town, where I can't do a darned thing without somebody getting upset about it. I've told the old goat that after it's paid off he can either come with me or go back to south texas where his kids are. ;)
Anyway, that's just a little right now. So, see yall later.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard!

Do I assume you plan on getting off the road before you're starting the new homestead?
I am certainly hoping so, but may have to stay on the road a little longer but one's gotta do what one's gotta do to get what they want.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I am certainly hoping so, but may have to stay on the road a little longer but one's gotta do what one's gotta do to get what they want.
Welcome .May i ask why you want to wait 4 yr.s to pay off house? If I knew for sure I was going to sell,I'd already have it on the market.Housing prices are falling more every few months. :wave:

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome .May i ask why you want to wait 4 yr.s to pay off house? If I knew for sure I was going to sell,I'd already have it on the market.Housing prices are falling more every few months. :wave:
I bought this thing 6 years ago, owner finance, in the legal mumbo jumbo that I didn't catch until it was too late. I can't sell it until it's paid off. She want's the monthly payments which actually are only 133 a month, because it would mess her social security up. :dunno:
Small 2 bedroom 1 bath on a corner lot, about 750 square foot living area. I guess I was lucky when I got it in a way. No money down, 133 a month for 10 years with a 6% interest rate. It was a fixer upper and still is, I had to replace the roof due to leaks, replace the living room and dining room floor, Still have an electrical problem, but working on that, The central heat and air was condemed back in '97. That right there is about 8000 to replace, so we use window units to cool, use the oven and little electrical heaters to stay warm in the winter. I'll be happy to get rid of this place. I knew it had problems but I didn't realize how bad until a few weeks into it. I'll be lucky if I break even.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I bought this thing 6 years ago, owner finance, in the legal mumbo jumbo that I didn't catch until it was too late. I can't sell it until it's paid off. She want's the monthly payments which actually are only 133 a month, because it would mess her social security up. :dunno:
Small 2 bedroom 1 bath on a corner lot, about 750 square foot living area. I guess I was lucky when I got it in a way. No money down, 133 a month for 10 years with a 6% interest rate. It was a fixer upper and still is, I had to replace the roof due to leaks, replace the living room and dining room floor, Still have an electrical problem, but working on that, The central heat and air was condemed back in '97. That right there is about 8000 to replace, so we use window units to cool, use the oven and little electrical heaters to stay warm in the winter. I'll be happy to get rid of this place. I knew it had problems but I didn't realize how bad until a few weeks into it. I'll be lucky if I break even.
I understand we had a couple fixer uppers too over the years.In fact we still do if you consider all the upkeep on this small house we finally built.
Good luck with whatever you do and glad you came to join us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts