Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Homegrowngirl, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Homegrowngirl

Homegrowngirl Well-Known Member

I am new to this type of forum. I have been doing my own prepping for some time now and am getting more serious with it as I watch what's going on all around. I am always looking for ideas to improve what I have been working on. We have just expanded our garden area by 10 more feet making it approximately 20 x 60. Adding a potato patch seperate from the rest. Looking to build a root celler this year if all goes well.

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome!

Jump right in ... :D

3. Dixie

Dixie Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, I would love a root cellar also but hubby is talking safe room :gaah: Any way, people here are loaded with ideas and information.

4. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

5. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

6. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

You're going to be using crop rotation, right? Not just for the soil depletion, etc, which can be corrected through mucking and chemical fertilizers but also to break up the cycle of plant pathogens. There's modern university science that backs that up, besides just the centuries of experience from old timers. Anyway, best of luck on the gardening. We're putting in much more here this year as well. Welcome, jump right in.

7. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Hey! welcome to the forum....so, so much info here! :2thumb:

8. tortminder

tortminder Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group. Hope you find much help here.:D

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)