Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I live outside of Wasilla, AK. I have a small Hobby/Subsistence Farm and work full time. I've been a "Prepper" to some degree or another for about a dozen years, so I'm pretty far along in preparing. I look forward to learning from everyone else.

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
welcome aboard!:wave:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hello all! I live outside of Wasilla, AK. I have a small Hobby/Subsistence Farm and work full time. I've been a "Prepper" to some degree or another for about a dozen years, so I'm pretty far along in preparing. I look forward to learning from everyone else.
AlaskaSrChief, welcome to our forum. Lots of good folks here and we're looking forward to siphoning off some of your prepper thoughts. :)

Ahh, feel free to lob an ought six round in my direction for asking, but, can you see Russia from your house? :D

I just couldn't resist.:ignore:

Your hide can't be too thin to hang around this forum.

Joking aside, welcome, AlaskaSrChief. Hope to hear more from you.

·
a dude
654 Posts
Hey, isn't that the place where the chick from Ice Road Truckers comes from?

·
Registered
72 Posts
welcome aboard .
you guys have a very short growing season up there .
must be hard to get a big crop in .
what do you grow?

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Growing season is short, but with 20+ hours of sunlight a day. I primarily use raised beds that way as soon as the snow melts I cover the beds with clear plastic visqueen which warms the soil quicker. I benefit from a clear unobstructed southern view at our location, so we get direct sun from dawn to dusk which helps us do better than those whose sun gets partially obstructed by the mountains.

We grow snap peas, raspberries, cauliflower, lettuce, cabbage, potatoes, blueberries, carrots, green beans, rhubarb, onions, wild strawberries, radish, turnips and broccoli. In a green house we grow some warm weather crops like tomatoes. squash and bell peppers. We also have about a dozen norland apple trees (had a bumper crop of these this year).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome...

So...glad to see you here! :welcome: Do you know your famous former ex-Mayor? :confused: Bet she's a prepper too! Can you see Russia from your house? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts