Hi from the mitten!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bubbles, Jan 16, 2010.

1. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I am so happy to have found this forum! I look forward to learning alot from you fellow preppers!

I am from MI - just outside of Detroit. I love reading about homesteading and emergency preparedness. Glad to be here!

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Jump right in and join the discussions. :)

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:bubbles from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & :welcome:

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Welcome to the group.

6. Lake Windsong

Lake Windsong Well-Known Member

Hi!

Hello and :welcome: Looking forward to your posts.. Any favorite preparedness books you are reading now?

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Yes, Welcome aboard. Sail

8. ajparmalee

ajparmalee New Member

Newbie from Georgia

Found this forum quite by accident, searching for info on fire-starters. I am not really "Newbie", just to this forum. I'm an older guy, retired from US Army (MSG E8), retired from Law Enforcement (36 years) but still active. I became really active in Emergency Preparedness because of the Y2K thing, am now fully involved. Friends call me a Hoarder (some of them) others think it is wise. We shall see who is correct, I think, and soon. The situation in Haiti at this time just re-inforces my opinion.
    Several friends and I have formed a Mutual Aid group in case of TDTSHTF, with pre-arranged meeting places, lists of items to keep/procure/bring. The people in the group are all avid hunters, retired Military (or Combat vets), LE and retired LE, etc. Each will bring his family, no hangers-on or dead-wood, we will elect a leader or group of co-leaders when it happens.
    Not a Militia or anything like that, just focussed on Survival. Each of us in the group brings valuable experience and expertise to the table. I am a VietNam vet, there are Desert Shield vets, Desert Storm Vets, couple of ex-SF guys, other 30+ year LE vets, guys who speak other languages, etc.
    Just a general idea of who I am. Glad I found the Forum, many interesting posts here.

AJ

9. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:ajparmalee from another long time preparer. Look forward to your further replies and posts.