Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a homeschooling mom of 4, three of whom are now adults but still living at home. Married to my husband for 28 years. He's a pastor and also drives a truck. We've been concerned for quite a while now about how things are going and are finally starting to prepare. We're off to a late start, but at least we're starting.

We certainly don't live in the best area of the country to be self-sufficient, but this is where we're stuck. We do live rurally on 2 acres of land about 45 minutes from any larger city, so we at least have a little to work with. We're actually surrounded by almost 100 acres of mostly woods. It's completely unused.

It's not easy contemplating what may happen in the future. If it gets bad enough, our youngest child may not survive. She's a Type 1 diabetic, so no insulin = no life. I do have a small stockpile of her diabetes supplies. I guess that was my first step in preparedness.

I've been reading old posts for the last couple of days. I have lots of questions, a couple of which I can't seem to find answers for in searching the internet; so I hope I won't be a pest. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

suzyq (nickname given to me by my grandparents when I was young)

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see a fellow homeschooler. :wave:

You're not a pest for asking questions, that's for sure. And you're definitely not the only newbie on this site. :) Any question you ask is probably something somebody else was wondering about, too. ;)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:2thumb:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

·
Registered
633 Posts
:welcome: You came to the right place!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good group here.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts