Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mobile Bug-Out-Bag-Man
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, found this site over my lunch break while looking for "survivalist" websites. I really liked the community on this so I figured I'd join and give/recieve advice to and from anybody willing to help.
I got into the whole prepping scene a few years back when my father introduced me to his B.O.B. I made one for myself and it transformed into a hobby.
So now me and my wife each have one. Uh anyways If anybody could point me in the direction of finding threads about storing foods, cool gear, helpful websites, or basically anything about PREPPING. (I've always been terrible using forum sites so if I reply or "thread" where i'm not supposed to...my bad)

If there's one thing i've learned over the years it's that no matter how much you learn about prepping theres ALWAYS either a better way or different way to do things. I like knowing all I can.

Thanks for any replies.

Oh yea and if you haven't heard of it and bored the site I usually hang around is www.survivalcache.com

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Mike, welcome to the forum. I think the things you mentioned are spread all over this forum and you will find more than a couple days reading on the materials mentioned. Hope you have a good time and find what you are looking for. See you around!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

A couple sections down you'll find the "General Food and Foraging" discussions, and there's threads on every aspect of food, whether you're growing it in your garden, foraging for it in the woods, or buying it at the store. There's also good tips on where to get good bargains, how to preserve and store food, how to raise animals, etc.

Have fun with it!

:)

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Hey, found this site over my lunch break while looking for "survivalist" websites. I really liked the community on this so I figured I'd join...
Welcome!

I too joined up with a number of forums however after a week or so on each I found that this one is the right match for me too. Lots of good people on here with a wealth of hands on knowledge. Defintely take a week to go through all the different topics that interest you... or use the search feature for a more targeted approach.

·
Mobile Bug-Out-Bag-Man
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow thanks to everyone who responded. very surprised by the quick responses. definately a good site. thanks again.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad to have you on board! Best of luck in all your endeavors! Lots of wisdom and wacky humor here on this site!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts