Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting to consider the prospect of venturing into a more self-sustaining life.

It is hard to believe that "the end of the world as we know it" would ever come to pass, but the prospect of that sort of thing gives just one more excuse to do the "self sufficient" thing!

Frankly, I'd like to find a location in my area with cool farmer-types as neighbors. I've been buying organic vegetables from the same farmers for two years now. These guys form a co-op of local farmers. We have friendly, comfortable conversations, but I have never talked to them about my idea. I only know that they live about an hour outside of town.

Anyway, the thing that got me into this thought-experiment was my investment in gold/silver. Through that, I learned of possible hardships ahead.

I've always wanted an excuse to be a country boy, anyway.

Are there any ways to locate similarly minded groups in my area? Are there key words to search? "preparedness", "survivalists"?

oB

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome!:wave:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
welcome aboard, remember you never know until you ask!!!

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Welcome to the group. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
hello from a new member as well
:woohoo:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Are there any ways to locate similarly minded groups in my area? Are there key words to search? "preparedness", "survivalists"?

oB
Many groups do not advertise on the internet, too many wackos out there and too many self-professed do-gooders that will try to tear-down what groups have created together.

Your best bet in working with a group is to join a hunting club, an alpine club (hiking, skiing, mtn-biking), a 4x4-group or an adventure-touring group. Many of the members of the groups practice self-sufficient lifestyles normally and you might find someone like-minded enough to create your own sub-group of the main group.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome: Enjoy the Forum :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it from an old farm boy, it is easier to store the store bought than to raise new. What will happen after an EMP storm is we will ban together to raise products on a large scale. Its just too much work on a small scale when you really don't have to do it that way, ... yet. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Howdy OhBehave
We are forming a survival group in East TN. Its first focus is economic survival through a co op with group bulk purchasing. Of course we also include survival training. You are welcome to contact me if interested.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not from East TN, but my grandmother's people came from Claiborne County, TN. I was born not that far from there, in SE KY.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts