Hi, everybody.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LegitCitizen, Dec 31, 2010.

1. LegitCitizen

LegitCitizen Active Member

I'm new - obviously.

I don't know that I really want to call myself a survivalist. I tend to think of myself as just a regular gal who wants to be more self-reliant - and who wants to know more to help take care of her family.

We have a few Shetland sheep and some dwarf dairy goats - both breeds small enough for a woman to pick them up and toss them into the back of a truck. We drink our milk and make cheese from the excess. The wool is for spinning - which I do. And I'm learning to weave. We have some chickens... well, had some chickens. A dog went on a killing spree this year so we'll be starting over this spring with a new batch of chicks. And we're planning on putting a garden in this year. So, we're working on being more self-sufficient.

Feel like I can't learn enough and do enough fast enough... y'know? The world seems like it's spiraling out of control and I feel pretty unprepared. Still, I tell myself that however unprepared I feel, I'm further along than someone who hasn't begun. And however little I have, it's more than someone who has nothing.

Just looking to learn as much as I can.

Thanks for reading.

~ L.

2. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome!

You'll find a full range of folks on these boards, and there's a lot of plain old common sense self-reliance. ;)

I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling like you can't learn it all fast enough! The days fly, and the more I learn, the more I realize I still have more to learn. But I like what you said about where you are (you're further along than someone who hasn't started at all) - that's a great attitude to hold on to.

:wave:

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

You have a great attitude! And don't worry. You're not a "survialist"...you're a prepper!

:D

4. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

5. AnimalcrackerHerder

AnimalcrackerHerder Active Member

Welcome! :wave: You will like it here. It sounds like you have a nice little program going there. You will have fun here learning and sharing. Looking forward to reading your posts.

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

7. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Hello! Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.