Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I've been gone so long. Last Thursday I went out of town to work for 2 days; Thur. and Fri. Got packed up and ready to come home late Fri afternoon, Got in my truck, drove about 20' and ran a nail through the sidewall of my front tire. Now this isn't you're average tire and I'm 50 miles from any major town. It's a 20" tire mounted on what's called a split-rim which is on my F700. I could have had a tire service come out, after hours, and replace it for around $600. I opted to take care of it myself. I found a jack that would lift the truck, got the rim off and had someone take me to the closest tire center that could work with this type of rim on Sat morning. They replaced the tube and patched the tire from the inside and it ended up costing $63 plus $50 for the fellow that took me there. :2thumb:
I get home to find out that our 3-4 week old computer is down. :gaah: :surrender:

We had great dry weather to work this week and I've put in some long days then come home to spend the remaining daylight hours preparing the garden. Don't have the energy to even sit here and catch up or look at PM's. Just wanted to say high and thanks to Andi and Jason for your concern.
Talk to everyone soon. :)

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
What a week you've had! Wow! Split rims are pretty dicey to work with. Glad you were able to find someone to do it.

Have a great weekend and a better week next week!

:)

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I have a rule ... all my kids know it ...:rolleyes:

call when you get there ... lol

Just glad you and yours are alright... :)

Sorry, I'm such a mother hen ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Sorry, I'm such a mother hen ...
UncleJoe is a chick??? :eek: :gaah: :ignore: :D

Speaking of people disappearing...I've sent PMs to mdprepper and haven't heard from her. She's been off the forum for about 5 weeks now. Anyone know if she's okay? :scratch

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Joe-glad everything worked out in the end. GS-Sorry, no idea about MDprepper.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I just discovered I still have md's address from mailing out stuff for the seed project. I'd deleted them but was able to retrieve them (scary, huh?). I'm going to mail her a card and tell her we miss her. Five weeks is too long for someone like that to just disappear. She's an asset to the forum and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
UncleJoe, sorry to hear about your troubles the other day. Hmm. Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug. Lucky for you no bad guys stopped when you were sitting there with a flat tire and pulled out a can of RAID! :D If you ever run into trouble to the north toward Williamsport, call us. You have our #. It rings into the business, too.

GS & MMM, good luck with your buff butchering. MMM, make sure GS chews that hide long enough to get it nice and soft after you tan it. :D:ignore::surrender:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
GS & MMM, good luck with your buff butchering. MMM, make sure GS chews that hide long enough to get it nice and soft after you tan it. :D:ignore::surrender:
Shhhhh! He thought it was HIS job all these years, to chew the hide! :D :ignore:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Speaking of people disappearing...I've sent PMs to mdprepper and haven't heard from her. She's been off the forum for about 5 weeks now. Anyone know if she's okay? :scratch
I,ve sent her a few PMs also ... she wrote back on the first one, said that she had been working a lot of overtime ...

The other two ... nothing ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Well, I'll send her a snail-mail card on Monday. If I hear back from her I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Making another quick stop in while I grab a bite to eat. I'm trying to get the first planting of everything in while the ground is a little damp and workable. If I have any energy left when it gets too dark to work outside, I'll stop back in.
I zipped through the "new posts" and man, do I have a lot of catching up to do but I've got to get the garden in; at least 2/3 of of the 7000sf so it's going to be a very busy few days. Be back for a longer stay as soon as possible.

Thanks all for your concern. It really is good to know there are folks out there that notice when something seems out of place. :beercheer:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
So glad to have you check in. Don't over-do it in the garden! :)

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
...GS & MMM, good luck with your buff butchering. MMM, make sure GS chews that hide long enough to get it nice and soft after you tan it. :D:ignore::surrender:
She told me the only hide she was going to be chewing on was mine if I didn't make her some buffalo skin moccasins. :ignore::eek:

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
Joe: Could you have taken a rear tire off and put it in the front? (Just long enough to get you someplace to fix the front one?)

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts