Heya from Sandpoint, Idaho

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gypsygirl81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gypsygirl81

gypsygirl81 New Member

I live in a beautiful mountain town, but unfortunately inhabit a small apartment, so I do what I can with regards to homesteading. I live with my two cats and lots of art supplies, fabric and yarn/fiber for spinning. Glad to find this forum!

2. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: Welcome to the forums!

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Hey, welcome! We're practically neighbors, over here in NW Montana! Glad to have more people from the area on here!

Cool that you have "gypsy" in your username too! You're into fiber arts, that's awesome...and one of the few areas we lack in around here. Maybe some barter will be in our future?

4. gypsygirl81

gypsygirl81 New Member

Bartering would be oh-so-rad!

Pretty amazing time of year to be up here, eh? Doesn't get much more majestic that this :).

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

You've got that right! Almost makes up for the long winter! Love it here!

If you ever wander over the state line this way, send me a personal message/private message/whatever those PM's are called.

They have a Fiber Arts festival in Eureka, I think it's the first weekend in August. Do you ever come to that?

6. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

Welcome to the Forum.

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:gypsygirl81 from a long time preparer. Look froward to your replies and posts.

8. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

9. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

:welcome: Glad to Meet Ya!

10. fobhomestead

fobhomestead Well-Known Member

you, me, gypsie Sue, and a few others are in the same area! I am hiding out in the mountains north of Priest River/Newport. :cool:
    I signed up in the community group folder for the WA/ID area... not very many people there:confused:
    I am glad I found this site too (gonna put it on my website as a link) :newsign:

11. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

WELCOME!

I was just in Sandpoint yesterday, spending my tourist dollars. I am about 50 miles south. Beautiful country!

12. testhop

testhop Well-Known Member

welcome aboard
    :wave::congrat::welcome:

13. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Sounds like you are close to my ol' stompin' grounds. I have peddled my bicycle through that area - NorthPort to KettleFalls to Colville to Chewela to Spokane to MetalineFalls and then back home again to the north-side of the border :congrat:

14. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

naekid..."peddled your bike"? As in, you tried to sell it??? Hope you got a pile of money for it!

OH! You meant "pedaled"! (just picking on you! lol!)

That's impressive mileage! How cool!

15. wolfwhisper

wolfwhisper Active Member

:goodluck: nice to meet you hope this site helps you. you have few who leave in your area. unlike me were I live I have not found any yet.:beercheer:

16. NaeKid

Ahh, its not that bad. Only 'bout a 4hr car-ride 'round trip, easily done on a bicycle on an average vacation (setting up the tent for sleeping, eating out of the seat-bag).

17. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I hear ya, naekid. Nothing like rolling down the road on a bicycle, admiring the countryside in peace, quiet, and fresh air, for a vacation or camping trip! Not as hard as most people think.

18. fobhomestead

fobhomestead Well-Known Member

SO basically you are circling around where I live! lol... You guys need to come join us in the community social group WA/ID group. :wave:

19. NaeKid

Small problem, I am in Alberta, not Washington or Idaho, so, I don't think that it would be right to join that group ... sorry.

20. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

:wave: Hello glad to meet Ya! I also have to brat cats.