Hey Ya'll

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mamakat, May 16, 2011.

1. mamakat

mamakat New Member

I'm a closet prepper slowing "coming out". My family thinks I'm nuts (they have always thought that anyway), only more so now because I've begun storing food for long term. I've also started a garden (straw bale - yeah, they are really getting a good laugh out of that one), and I've gotten back to canning. I've only begun trying to prepare our family for a very uncertain future and get overwhelmed sometimes with how little I have accomplished. But I try to do a little something each day toward preparedness and remind myself "a little something" is better than nothing at all.

So glad to have found likeminded folks!

mamakat

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. Dixie

Dixie Well-Known Member

Same here MamaKat. My husband just calls it "over buying" but doesn't question me. In fact, he has no knowledge of this forum or that they even exist.
    When I bought a generator, I could tell he didn't like it but never said anything. Then when the tornadoes were coming through, he mentioned: maybe we did need one for storms. Now he is talking safe rooms and I'm countering with fallout shelter. He balked on that one so we are still not on the same page. Oh well...
    Just hang in there and do what you can, when you can.

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

You'll enjoy the prep family on the forum! We learn a lot and enjoy the contact with others thinking and doing basically the same things as each other!

:)

4. redcat

redcat Cat lover, hunter, tech n

Welcome, Mamakat, There are quite a few of us in your situation. I'm prepping as unobtrusively as I can since my wife thinks it's all for nothing. But I too am just adding bit by bit until one day we'll (maybe) have enough.

5. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

6. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

hey mamakat! Welcome to the forum!

My hubby wasn't on board last year when I wanted to start prepping...he is now, almost to the point he's going too far in his thinking and I just want to start with food, water and garden...he's all about biodiesel and wanting cows! :ignore:

Little steps at a time....try not to get overwhelmed, but sometimes the urge is there that you just NEED to be doing something...i've felt it for the last few months...

You'll learn a lot here...

7. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Don't call it a fallout shelter... call it a Tornado Shelter... just make sure the specs coincidentally happen to match a fallout shelter! ;)

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Come on in!

9. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

10. Dixie

Dixie Well-Known Member

I like the way you think! :D I've started working on "root cellar" but "Tornado or Storm Shelter" may work better....and faster!!