Hey Y'all...from So. FL (for now)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NoSweat88, May 12, 2010.

1. NoSweat88

NoSweat88 Member

Hi Folks!

New to the forum and am stopping by to say hello and introduce myself. Should have done it a couple of months ago since I've been lurking around since then, but my social skills sometimes suck.

I'm very new to the preparedness mindset . I've taken a long hard look at the way things are going in the US and not liking what I'm seeing. I have decided that, unless the Ship of State changes course SOON, we will have a Titanic-moment . And, like the Titanic, the rudder that is currently steeing the ship of state isn't up to the task of turning us before we hit the 'berg.

I (and my wife) have over 20 years in law enforcement each. Up until the last 6 months nothing ever really bothered me. NOTHING. But these days, I'm worried. So I've decided to do something about it. In my research, I found you good folks.

I currently live in SE Florida. Been thru a half dozen or so hurricanes in the last few years, so being prepared isn't new to me. HOWEVER, being at the end of a penninsula isn't a very good place to be if you have to G.O.O.D. in a hurry. So we've sold the house and are moving to the New York area....probably upstate or west CT.

I've started getting ready for what I'm afraid is going to be a rough ride. I'm looking forward to perusing the forums and gaining knowledge in an area I know little about. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute in those areas where I have experience.

So far, I like what I'm reading.

Best to All,

NoSweat88

2. pioneergirl

pioneergirl Junior Member

:wave: Hey there! I'm new, too, living here in IL but looking to move as well. Hope your move goes smooth! So far I've found everyone here to be very friendly and knowledgeable, and I just sit and read more than I really have time for!

Anyway, welcome!

3. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome! You seeing any of the oil on your shores yet?

4. NoSweat88

NoSweat88 Member

Nope....probably won't, but you wouldn't know it to listen to the local news. They've been screeching about it for weeks now. Nevermind the spill staying fairly localized (unless something happened weather-wise today that I haven't seen)

5. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:NoSweat88 from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

6. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Welcome, NoSweat88, from another South Floridian. Looking forward to your posts. :wave:

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Jump right in...:D The water is fine.

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, I started prepping when I lived in Miami, right after Hurricane Andrew.

10. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Welcome, NoSweat. :wave: