Hey Ya'll....from Mississippi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by popandnan, Dec 22, 2010.

1. popandnan

popandnan Member

Hello, today I googled this web site, and found it quite interesting. My husband and I are new to homesteading, but read alot about it. We are striving to live a less complicated lifestyle, learning to can vegetables, meat and fruit. We hunt and raise most of our meat and raise chickens and have a goat that is due with kids anytime now. (She is our first and we are very excited to see our new babies). It is amazing to me at the people who do not see the neccessity of these things. I want to learn to be prepared for whatever disasters come our way where we can help others and ourselves, too. I know that there are many types of disasters (natural and manmade) and only time will tell what will come. Hope to meet many likeminded friends on this forum, and wish to learn from all of your knowledge!

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome to the forum!!!

Watch out for those goats. A friend got some and found them a bit addicting. He has something like 70 now (after only a few years) and is using them instead of cattle for making a bit of money.

3. popandnan

popandnan Member

goats.....

Ah Ha! That sounds encouraging! Thanks for the heads up! :2thumb:

4. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

5. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome! :wave:

Look forward to hearing about the new babies. :2thumb:

6. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Retired Air Force

Welcome from 'bama. Goats are awesome

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

Make sure you have good sturdy fencing as the goat herd grows. They don't like being contained. We have 20 and it seems there's always one that finds a way out. :rolleyes:

8. popandnan

popandnan Member

goats

hey Joe...what kind of goats do you have? We just have the one right now, she is soon to have kids. Hopefully we plan to get another one soon. I understand that goats are social animals and don't like to be alone. Ours seems to be doing good in her stall. We are keeping her there until she has her babies. I take her out on a lease to graze in the grass. She is in the barn with chickens, and cows, so it is not like she is totally alone. Everytime we go to the barn she has her head out the slats to greet us! :p

9. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Can't wait to hear about your new kid goats ... mine are 'on the way' and should be here around April/May.

Springtime on the homestead ... :flower:

10. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:popandnan from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

11. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

12. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum from another goat owner! Ours in an Alpine. They can worm their way into your heart and become part of the family! lol

Glad to have you with us!

:)

13. popandnan

popandnan Member

thanks a bunch!

Oh, gypsy, I can hardly wait for our kid to be born. It will be our first. Almost as exciting as a new grandbaby! lol ;)

14. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards.

15. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

:welcome: Welcome!

16. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, from your neighbor in AR. Please share your knowledge with us.