Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been attempting various avenues of prepping for the last year. We have a garden and dehydrate as much food as we can. We are on a limited budget as most of us are. Lol. We also live in town with only a front and back yard. Chickens are allowed so that will be our next project. Drinkable water is and always will be a hard item to come by in the desert and I believe it will be the first cut off if we were to come under martial law. That worries me greatly. I appreciate all the knowledge that is on this forum. Thank you

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot to offer here!

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for joining us.

Lots of good folks with tons of prepping info here.

Jim

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Have been attempting various avenues of prepping for the last year. We have a garden and dehydrate as much food as we can. We are on a limited budget as most of us are. Lol. We also live in town with only a front and back yard. Chickens are allowed so that will be our next project. Drinkable water is and always will be a hard item to come by in the desert and I believe it will be the first cut off if we were to come under martial law. That worries me greatly. I appreciate all the knowledge that is on this forum. Thank you
Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here from the desert. Rainwater catchment and large storage containers will help tremendously with the water problem. We don't have gutters on this house at the moment but have several large 250+ gallon tanks that we keep full from our well for power outages.

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Banned
687 Posts
Welcome from the mountains of British Columbia. Some friendly, helpful folks here

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. People and Animals have been living and surviving in the desert for Millions of Years, there is Water there you just have to know where, and how to find it. My suggestion is to study the survival Skills of the Desert Indians like the Apache, and as has been suggested above, store as much as possible while you can.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been familiarizing my self with local natural water sources. We have had an abundance this year. Usually it is not that way lol. I do catch the rain water when possible. Believe it or not it is illegal to do so in some areas here.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
I have been familiarizing my self with local natural water sources. We have had an abundance this year. Usually it is not that way lol. I do catch the rain water when possible. Believe it or not it is illegal to do so in some areas here.
It's illegal in lots of places. I'd try a "work around" if I could. A tank in a building with the gutter diverted inconspicuously.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Welcome from S.W. Oregon, Nevada is my favorite state to visit, mainly the Majuba Placer Area called Rye Patch by Rye Patch reservoir, great gold finding area for gold detectors. What a lot of people don't know is that water is actually plentiful in Nevada, even out on the desert in the Rye Patch area there are many springs and streams around, actually more water than around where we live.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Welcome from S.W. Oregon, Nevada is my favorite state to visit, mainly the Majuba Placer Area called Rye Patch by Rye Patch reservoir, great gold finding area for gold detectors. What a lot of people don't know is that water is actually plentiful in Nevada, even out on the desert in the Rye Patch area there are many springs and streams around, actually more water than around where we live.
It getting to the water that's normally the issue. There are several Springs near here but I'm certain they would have armed guards on them if they came to be the only available sources. There are already ranchers fighting over some of them.

·
160 Posts
kapil,
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information here so take some time and read. If you have something to share we would like to see it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts