Herman Cain for prez

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TrackerRat, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

I am starting to like this guy. He is all about getting America back on top. Not like Obama where he says we need to accept defeat and humble ourselves. Anyone have any input on Mr. Cain?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2DIdYxAiNM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Herman Cain on America Live 4.25.11[/ame]

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Never heard of him ... but he does know how to talk the talk ...

3. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Obama also knew how to talk the talk. :scratch

4. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

No, Obama can read the promt. ever heard Obama talk without words to read, its like a teenager on prom night.

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

:soapboxrant: Never mind ... my rant will not take care of anything ...........

6. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

I've been paying attention to the Herminator for a little while now, and like what I see. I wish I could say I was excited about his potential candidacy, but there's really no one that I'm excited about. Herman Cain absolutely has a private sector understanding of economics, which is something we desperately need. And his message/mindset has remained unchanged through the process.

I've also been watching Gary Johnson (out of New Mexico) - but when he announced his candidacy this past week, it barely got a blip of recognition. It will be like swimming upstream for him to get any coverage. And no coverage = no votes, sad but true.

One candidacy that would make me very happy - and the man may have just the right personality to get the coverage - is Allen West. DH and I are hopeful that he'll run...

7. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

8. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Interesting talking points, but I would bet that when you lower to corp. tax rate, most companies will just pocket that money and in reality most major corps. now pay next to nothing in taxes compared to the working folks.

So far, I am not seeing anyone anywhere, except maybe Ron Paul and that is a maybe who even remotely impresses me for 2012, if we are even around then.

I for one and this is extreme, support breaking our country up into smaller units and letting those units manage themselves, since the Govt. has proven it is not capable of doing it. Yes, I know idealistic and it is not an easy answer, but it is my opinion on what needs to happen.

9. goshengirl

Hadn't thought of it in terms of breaking the country up, but rather secession. There are a number of states that we'd love to see secede, and we'd be ready to move there.

10. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

recently i have been reading The Federalist Papers getting a inside view of how the founding fathers thought when forming America.
    I highly recommend anyone to read them. They saw the stuff we are living through if we abandoned the founding principles.
    If they were alive today they would say we reverted back to dictatorship style rule and are now enslaved.

11. goshengirl

I heartily agree. Essential reading!

12. nkjones1

nkjones1 Active Member

Interestingly enough, that's exactly how the USA is supposed to be run. The federal government is supposed to have very little authority and the "smaller units", or states, are supposed to manage themselves.

13. nkjones1

nkjones1 Active Member

P.S. Vote Ron Paul for our only hope to a return to constitutional governance.

As far as Herman Cain goes, he was the head of the Kansas City Federal Reserve. Personally I wouldn't elect the head of any central banking institution as I don't believe in central banking and am particularly against fractional reserve banking. It's a bit like letting the fox run the hen house. They print money out of thin air borrowing right now 43 cents on the dollar and pass the bill on to us and our kids. Don't take my word for it, though, look it up.

14. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Yes the federalist papers are essential. So are the Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, Mayflower Compact, anti-federalist papers too. Their are more those are just the ones I have read.

I would also recommend research on historical leaders in America.

George Washington
    Thomas Jefferson
    James Madison
    John Adams (even if pro-gov)
    Franklin Roosevelt ( just to see what power govt can have)
    Ronald Reagan
    Jefferson Davis (his name is bound to start some sort of controversy, see bottom)

I don't believe Herman Cain would be a smart choice. Don't know about Ron Paul. Mike Huckabee seems possible. Donald Trump? Economics wise we might be straight, and most of the other stuff I hear sounds okay. Waiting until the race actually starts heating up. And to see who drops out or steps up. Just to be straight forward, I am anti-liberal, so their is no point talking about the other party. Although, I cannot vote yet, I can vote for the next Pres in 2012.

if anyone wants to talk specifically on President Davis, please do message me. I enjoy the controversy. Been known to bring up controversial stuff in the classroom just to argue about it. We need a rant section of the forum.

Better stop their, feel a rant coming on. :)

15. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

As I type this

I'm listening to Oblowhard trying to speak in El Paso..and from the sounds of the background there is maybe 50 ppl there.. somebody is leading them in when to applaud this man makes me flat out sick just looking at him...this farce of a trip is costing us millions for him to kiss the *** of future Demo voters..IF they can make them citizens in time...

I like Hermon Cain, he won the debate hands down , I donated money to Ron Paul last time, the first time I ever donated a dime ... I like Paul, but he can't win... Trump is an ***... I like Huck, he's a nice guy, he can't win.. I could go one but this election is going to be won by whomever the PTB want to win.. we really have little to do with it

I just heard Obama say that the Border cities are among some of the safest in the country... is this SOB smoking crack?...

We are in trouble more then we know.. I truly believe this ship is sinking and soon.. I'm giving up on the whole thing.. I'll vote to secede if any state wants to do it and will man the guns on the state line to defend it...

I predict we have little time to gather some of our preps, those needed to fight back are going to start disappearing soon...

So much to do, so little money to get it done with.. and time is against us...I knew better then to listen to this horses *** speak, but .. know thy enemies... this is really a farce! there are no more then 50 people listening to him..

Gotta stop before I shoot the TV

16. goshengirl

Been saying this for ten years now. In fact, it's the reason DH and I put our retirement $ into aggie land in MT (at the time it's the state we thought might do it).

Hozay, me and mine would stand (armed) right next to you on that line.

17. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

HB, why do you think Paul cant win? I think he could beat the others that were in the first Rep debate, I think he would have trouble against someone more well known and mainstream, although he has developed quite a following.
    I dont know enough about Cain, but I'll agree if he had anything to do with the Fed that would prolly seal it for me as a no.
    Ron Paul is the only person I have seen in a long while worth voting for.
    I vowed long ago not to vote for the lesser of (unfortunately two) evils.
    It seems to me our last two presidents were quite possibly our worst ever, and they are really no different.
    The issues that separate them cause so much polarization that it keeps them in power.
    Liberal v conservative? Please. Both parties would spend us into oblivion, and apparently the lefties arent as anti war as they wouldve led us to believe when W. was president.

I had to delete half of my post. I was ranting.
    Vote for a third party! Unless its Dr. Paul!

I have tried to read the Federalist Papers, they are kinda tedious, and actually sitting in front on me at my desk at work. Not exactly light lunchtime reading. I will try again.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  18. goshengirl

That's the problem, it's not liberal v conservative. It's democrat v republican, and unfortunately, their ideologies are not always so clear cut... or different...

19. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Already voting for him unless Ron Paul gets his finger out and looks like he has a shot.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  20. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Drunk spelling ... thanks I needed a smile. :lolsmash: