Here's my organic veggies

Discussion in 'Gardening and Agriculture' started by Cahri, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Very nice!

No fertilizers, no chemicals, no GMO and no bad stuff period ... :melikey:

Well we do make our own fertilizers or the critters do. ;) Thanks for posting.

3. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

I meant no chemical fertilizers, I have chicken poo and horse poo composing :} It;s part of the compost dressing I use

4. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Poo isn't fertilizer its just rich dirt. How many beds do you have?

5. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

15 and all my flowers and greens which are not pictured are edible, we won't starve and neither will our children/grandchildren, even though they think we are nutcases LOL. We have a pantry full of food I canned that we use regularly. Not everything is bigger in Texas

6. worldengineer

Your are a nutcase :p, until they need you.

The lettuce looks very healthy, and bright.

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

You put chicken & horse poo on your garden??? :eek: gross (LOL ;))

What no sheep or goat poo??? (just playing)

You have a great thing going... Some folks buy silver and gold. I like you think Food. :D Which IMO ... is woth its own weight ~~~

Looking forward to your post!

8. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

Yeh well I hope hey have enough sense and come to where they are still loved know they will be cared for as long as they they pull their own weight LOL

9. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

I get goat poo too from the neighbors, I trade them for eggs, I make great dirt and they feed their kids eggs from my chickens that have no arsenic in the food or growth hormones or antibodies. They can't wait to trade something else for the food that I grow. we don't need precious metals or stock markets, our wealth is in our food and water and survival of the fittest.

10. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

Come over, let us break bread :0 I make a mean herbal dressing with only fresh picked herbs from the gardens

11. worldengineer

Is your chicken feed also organic? That's what I am shooting for, but I want homegrown organic. Not stuff i have to buy. These are enclosed chickens, due to the wild animal and not so wild animals. So most protein will come from scraps. Calcium from crushed bone and egg shell. Grain will consist of corn. Would this be suitable?

Every thing I have found on feed is either buy it processed, or buy stuff and mix it.

12. JustAPrepper

JustAPrepper Active Member

Very nice!! Everything looks good and healthy!

13. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

14. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

No it is organic, I get it special from an organic chicken farm dealer in central Texas. I supplement this with bugs, slugs and grubs from our yard and also oyster and clam shells crushed. My chickens are fatties lol

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  15. Allan

Allan New Member

Very nice ... :) Keep up the good work:2thumb:

We need to stop buying food from the supermarket and start eating healthy food.

16. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

:beercheer: