1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a dude
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Personally, I've seen enough political ads in the last month to last me a lifetime. I didn't need to see another one that's 8 years old to add to them. :gaah:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yup. Same here. I know who I'm voting for. I'm not reading or watching any more ads or articles.

·
a dude
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The number of people who didn't know she praised Osama Bin Laden and said he builds day cares is shocking. Without the political ads, how would people know?

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We really have no need to discuss the politics of every city in the country. If the people affected by their local political atmosphere don't bother to do their own research, they get what they deserve. If it becomes a national issue, it could be revisited.
Let's keep our discussions to preparing for the things that have an impact on all of us.

·
a dude
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We really have no need to discuss the politics of every city in the country. If the people affected by their local political atmosphere don't bother to do their own research, they get what they deserve. If it becomes a national issue, it could be revisited.
Let's keep our discussions to preparing for the things that have an impact on all of us
[Got it, need to be more expansive and explain why this matters.]

Perhaps I should have used a more expansive title regarding a US Senator.

This IS a national issue and it has an impact on all of us because a problem US Senator affects world security making the need to prep against larger threats more important.

A United States SENATOR affects all of us, especially a powerful one.

She is the chair of the:

Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies

this individual is on the:

Subcommittee on Defense (including appropriations.)
Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
Subcommittee on Homeland Security
Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
Committee on Veterans' Affairs

This person is clueless regarding Osama Bin Laden and is on the HOMELAND SECURITY subcommittee. That's seriously national concerns and affects preparedness.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Again, this is a local issue. This board has a membership that is about 35% Canadian. They shouldn't need to filter through all the local politics of the U.S. to find the preparedness issues they came here to learn about.
The people in the state of Washington are the only ones that can make the decision as to whether or not this person goes to D.C. There are forums dedicated to regions of the country. You could get a lot farther in bringing this type of thing to light if you targeted the area where it takes place. Here is the the Northwest Regional Forum.

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/groups/eastern-wa-northern-id-mag/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts