Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well came home from work tanight an momma was real upset, seems her sister an worthless brother in law been livin on peanut butter an toast fer 3 weeks an the peanut butter be runnin out.

So, dug inta the supplies an came up with a months worth a grub ta get em by. I hate doin that, but can't let em starve either. Told him he gonna have ta get off his butt an find a real job rather then this part time cleanin job.

What ya gonna do?

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, right. She'll try an make it right someday, him, nothin.

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
Yeah, right. She'll try an make it right someday, him, nothin.
Sorry to hear that. :( I hate being in the "hand out" instead of "hand up" situation. Being family, you feel compelled. That makes me wonder about something else but I'll start a new thread to avoid hijack. If you're "family" wasn't "family", would you still talk, hang out, help or otherwise associate with them?

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it fer momma's sister, her husband can starve the lazy bum. But yeah, I gotta help.

We run a part time caterin business (smoked meats), buy alotta meat, when all the big layoffs hit round here we knew of several families what weren't gonna have money fer turkeys, so I made a deal with my meat man, I buy all my meat an he sells me 25 turkey's at cost along with some a the fixins.

He wen't fer it an we wen't house ta house an knocked, left the stuff an dissapeared. Most them folk wouldn't a took it otherwise.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just do what I can ta help folk out, be the way our family does things. Ain't popular no more, but I been stuck in the past fer a looooonnngg time!:D

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I feel your pain, my aunt is a worthless POS (pie-in-the-sky mentality, one get-rich-quick scheme after another) yet I still help her out, and her kids are DOUBLY so IMO because they WON'T do anything for her...

she's supposedly 'brokering a deal' for $300,000,000 worth of Chinese bonds :rolleyes: & she gets 1/3 of the 10% commission (yeah, right)

she was also trying to talk BS about gold (everything BUT tangible), so I called her on it the other day asking her to 'explain it to me', needless to say the sound of her voice sounded the same even though it was originating from her sphincter

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
sooooooo... what are you going to do when that 'month' of food only lasts a week?

not to put too fine a point on it, but a sponge is a sponge is a sponge

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They can gota the food bank next. I ain't given away all our hard earned supplies, I'll help, but ain't supportin em.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
You are a better person than I ... had my brothers or my hubbies sisters come calling ... Well, I would have sents them on their way.

But we have a lot of muddy water under the bridge. :(

This is something we will all have to face, I fear ... as times goes ...

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
That's a great story about the turkeys, Coot. :2thumb:

As for family - you're right. Family's family. *sigh* And when it comes right down to it, you did it for your wife (anything you do for your wife's family you do for your wife) - and doing for your wife is easy to do. ;)

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Good job helping the family. It's the right thing to do... even if it is difficult. We too have "in-law" that is worthless so I know where you are coming from. You so want to help them through the situation yet the worthless one usually just takes the handout and does nothing to make the situation better.

In our case we believe it is because he has never had responsibility and has no shame. (and needs to grow a pair too). :eek:

·
Registered
983 Posts
God bless your generousity OCH. DH and I do things like feeding truly needy and 99% of the time they never know who dropped off the food and other supplies. That's something between the us and the good Lord.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We got em round creeks an rivers an such, just gotta know where ta find em be all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts