hello to all from the piney woods of east texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by easttexas, Apr 30, 2011.

1. easttexas

easttexas Member

howdy everyone i am new to this forum but not to being prepared! i guess you could say ive already bugged out! gave up the comfort of city life and have hunkered in deep in the woods with family and closest friends grow our own, kill and skin our own, and are pretty close to five years worth of provisions! been lurking around here as a guest viewing for a while and decided to join in the discussions. not sure EXACTLY what we are preparing for but anyone can see things are heading WAY down hill . me and my folks are trying to gain self suffiency and are making great progress< i am looking foreward to the experience of others here and hoping to help others less experiencd than myself again,how deee!

2. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome ! Things a lil smokey in your area? Hope not.
    You seem to have a really good head start! Are you solar? If so I have alot of solar questions

3. easttexas

easttexas Member

no havent saved enough for solar yet ,but have managed sun heated water! not sure if i really want to invest in solar since ive heard the panels do break down over time if tshtf i am pretty sure i can get by with a very minimum of electricty that can be had by other sources

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Howdy & Welcome! :wave:

Come on in ... :D

5. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome! Looking forward to having you jump on in. :)

I, too, am hoping things aren't smokey down your way...

6. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Welcome:welcome: easttexas from a long time preparer. Look forward to your posts and replies.