Prepared Society Forum banner

Hello Prepared Society, greetings from Alabama!

790 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  gypsysue 
#1 ·
Hello y'all.

I am Dana, live in Northern part of Alabama. :wave:

My husband and I are business owners, in the agricultural industry.

I have been wanting to get prepared and start food storage for about a year now, however, hubby wasn't quite on board. Hard to get man power for things, so I let my ideas slide.

My husband has recently been buying silver, etc which made me think of this as a perfect opportunity to approach him again about making plans....

Now he's on board!

I am responsibly for food storage, he's responsible for water and " protection " storage if you kwim?

so, that's me so far..I look forward to conversations! :beercheer:

#11 ·
Welcome!

I'm a Catholic mama to three boys, too. :)

I love your description of split responsibilities between you and your DH. That's a great place to be! I've been flying solo in this prepping journey, but my DH is becoming more open/less resistant to prepping/survival ideas, and I truly hope someday soon to have the same setup as you do. :2thumb:

#12 · (Edited)
Welcome!

I'm a Catholic mama to three boys, too. :)

I love your description of split responsibilities between you and your DH. That's a great place to be! I've been flying solo in this prepping journey, but my DH is becoming more open/less resistant to prepping/survival ideas, and I truly hope someday soon to have the same setup as you do. :2thumb:
:wave:

I will say a prayer for your hubby to come around to your preparedness adventure because it really takes both!

All my boys are 10 and under, we use to homeschool, but because of the business and me having to do so much in it, I was ready to ... Well....you get the picture....so they are in the parish school, which is wonderful. hubby is not Catholic and I am a convert..gasp!

Nice to met ya!

#13 ·
I will say a prayer for your hubby to come around to your preparedness adventure because it really takes both!
Much appreciated. :)

I am a convert/perpetual rookie, too. :D

I've homeschooled all three of my boys at one time or another - now just down to my baby (who just turned 9).

Glad to see we have some things in common. :)

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

I've enjoyed hearing about your family/kids and your agriculture business so far. You have a nice, folksy feel about you! I also like how you and your DH have divided up responsibilities!

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.