Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit (alot) of a newbie to this, but came to prepping and survivial the same way many people I feel have; I looked around at the constant spending and consuming of this culture and said to myself "not sustainable". since then I have been looking for ways to protect my family from what I feel is the "great shift" the U.S. is going to have. It may not be a long lasting collapse but it is going to Quick shift and hurt a little bit.

I have some skills required to make it in a SHTF world I am a currently a Machinist and I was formerly in building trades. Believe it or not my the skills I really feel I need are gardening and Knitting. (lol)

My bug out plan has my family going from Wisconsin to Michigan this usually intails a Chicargo route, but in a real world gone mad senario that does not seem wise. Any thoughts? Thanks for being there.

P.S my spell check has never worked on this computer, spelling may be rough.:dunno:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I am a bit (alot) of a newbie to this, but came to prepping and survivial the same way many people I feel have; I looked around at the constant spending and consuming of this culture and said to myself "not sustainable". since then I have been looking for ways to protect my family from what I feel is the "great shift" the U.S. is going to have. It may not be a long lasting collapse but it is going to Quick shift and hurt a little bit.

I have some skills required to make it in a SHTF world I am a currently a Machinist and I was formerly in building trades. Believe it or not my the skills I really feel I need are gardening and Knitting. (lol)

My bug out plan has my family going from Wisconsin to Michigan this usually intails a Chicargo route, but in a real world gone mad senario that does not seem wise. Any thoughts? Thanks for being there.

P.S my spell check has never worked on this computer, spelling may be rough.:dunno:
Hello from a guy who also works with metal ... AutoCAD designer here for a CNC metal-shop.

As far as BugOut plans go, there is a great thread on that subject already called "BugOut Location - How close / how far" that has some really good ideas listed in it. You can find the link to the thread listed in the FAQ: Standard Acronyms thread under Website Comments and Suggestions

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Welcome to PS from Pennsylvania...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

If your bug-out to Michigan plan involves a specific place, then you're limited in options for getting there. I imagine going around through the U.P. would add a lot of time, but in the long run might be better than Chicago.

Know anyone with a Lake Michigan boat? That might be an option.

·
Registered
418 Posts

This made me LOL ... I can garden and knit but don't have a clue how to fix or build anything at all ... In fact one of my goals for this year is to learn some basic carpentry skills ...

Since I am from a little farther south than you are can't help you with the drivin' thing but I am sure there are some here who can.

Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of good folks here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts