Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by machinist76, Jan 13, 2011.

1. machinist76

machinist76 New Member

I am a bit (alot) of a newbie to this, but came to prepping and survivial the same way many people I feel have; I looked around at the constant spending and consuming of this culture and said to myself "not sustainable". since then I have been looking for ways to protect my family from what I feel is the "great shift" the U.S. is going to have. It may not be a long lasting collapse but it is going to Quick shift and hurt a little bit.

I have some skills required to make it in a SHTF world I am a currently a Machinist and I was formerly in building trades. Believe it or not my the skills I really feel I need are gardening and Knitting. (lol)

My bug out plan has my family going from Wisconsin to Michigan this usually intails a Chicargo route, but in a real world gone mad senario that does not seem wise. Any thoughts? Thanks for being there.

P.S my spell check has never worked on this computer, spelling may be rough.:dunno:

2. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:machinist76 from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

HELLO WISCONSIN! :wave: :lolsmash: (always wanted to say that ;) )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpwOYiL_zRg]YouTube - That 70's Show Theme Song[/ame]

5. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Hello from a guy who also works with metal ... AutoCAD designer here for a CNC metal-shop.

As far as BugOut plans go, there is a great thread on that subject already called "BugOut Location - How close / how far" that has some really good ideas listed in it. You can find the link to the thread listed in the FAQ: Standard Acronyms thread under Website Comments and Suggestions

6. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Welcome to PS from Pennsylvania...

7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

If your bug-out to Michigan plan involves a specific place, then you're limited in options for getting there. I imagine going around through the U.P. would add a lot of time, but in the long run might be better than Chicago.

Know anyone with a Lake Michigan boat? That might be an option.

8. BizzyB

BizzyB BucketHunter

Howdy! :flower:

9. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

This made me LOL ... I can garden and knit but don't have a clue how to fix or build anything at all ... In fact one of my goals for this year is to learn some basic carpentry skills ...

Since I am from a little farther south than you are can't help you with the drivin' thing but I am sure there are some here who can.

Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of good folks here.