Hello from VT.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Littlebit, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

I am new at this and hope I am putting this greeting in the right place. Just want to say hey! to everyone. I have been checking the site out for a couple of month and finally got the courage up to join. I like what I have read and have learned alot already. Thanks for all the info and look forward to getting to know everyone.:wave:

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:littlebit from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Come on in ... Don't be shy. :flower:

5. Littlebit

Thanks for having me.

I been having this nagging feeling that I needed to gather extra food and camping gear. Call it intuistion or that inner voice that won,t shut up until you do what it wants:dunno: ( I am not Crazy ) but feel something is not quite right. So my sister and I have started putting up extra supply's. And thanks to some of the info I have found on this site we are starting to get things in order.:2thumb: Thanks again and please forgive my spelling.

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Welcome there LilBit :2thumb:

7. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Greetings! Joynn rite inn. Nobody's going to get upset over spelling. 'specially me:D

8. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Welcome!!

Listen to that inner voice, intuition, whatever you want to call it. Two years ago I had the same feelings, started my food stores then both my husband and I lost our jobs. If I had not stored the food, we would have lost the house (yeah, I would have spent the bill money to feed the kids). We managed to feed us all for two months without buying anything.

9. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

That "little voice" started nagging at me about 3 years ago and still is, although now it sounds more like a PA system. I'm glad I listened to it. :)

10. huntermj

huntermj New Member

Hi and welcome,
    Im in Vermont as well.

11. Akaalbany

Akaalbany Akaalbany

Hi I was raised in Bennington and Hoosick Falls. My intuition is now screaming at me too. Really stocking up on dry goods and looking for a smaller house with water available. Want something I can heat with only one wood stove. Im now looking to head up to that area again. I really knew the woods and streams up that way and we were really poor so we did a lot of foraging to get by. I want to be settled in before fall. Since I think something is coming this fall.

12. Littlebit

Hi Huntermj What part of VT do you hang your hat. I am close to Rutland.

13. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

welcome aboard!:2thumb:

14. huntermj

huntermj New Member

Im in south Hero with the apples and cows.

15. Littlebit

I use to go fishing out that way when I growing up. Rouses Point, Mallettes Bay. You name we fished it. Hows the fishing now?

16. huntermj

huntermj New Member

As good as ever. The guys are lined up shoulder to shoulder on the shore just past the center of town. At the spot just past Robinsons hardware.

17. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Lots of folks here with lots of wisdom to share.

18. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Welcome. I’m glad I listened to that little voice also. I sleep much better knowing that I am not at the mercy of whoever decides to hand out supplies. I can hunker down and look after me and mine. And, with what is going on in the world, we were just in time.

19. gary863

gary863 New Member

Hi all. We are in southern VT in a cabin off the grid.

20. rflood

rflood Well-Known Member

Welcome, all the best in your prepping.