Hello from the east coast!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by flowerrosy, Feb 16, 2010.

1. flowerrosy

flowerrosy Member

After the blizzard last week, I realized we weren't very well prepared for emergencies and I am trying to get some supplies incase of another emergency. My husband is in the army and he is trying to help me learn what we need. I also enrolled myself in a CPR class!

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Lots of good people and info here to help you. :)

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:flowerrosy from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.
    Please thank your husband for his service to our country.:usaflag:

4. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Howdy & Welcome! :wave:

Come on in... :D

6. ditzyjan56

ditzyjan56 Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome

Flowerrosy, with just beginning why don't you try figuring out what you normally eat over a ten day time-frame by doing menues and then buying double for those meals. that would give you 10 extra meals quickly, then you could focus on the other long term storage issue and necessities. It's just a thought. Good luck.

7. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Hello from another Newbie!

That is pretty much how I started my preps. I made a 2 week menu of the cheapest meals that I can make and bought double.

8. flowerrosy

flowerrosy Member

Thank you for the tips! I haven't started storing food yet. I have purchased a lot of survival items that I might need. Food is next on the list. :)

9. SaskBound

SaskBound Well-Known Member

Welcome, flowerrosy!

May I suggest buying a few of those 4 or 5 gallon water-cooler refills? That would cover you for water for awhile, and water is something a lot of people forget when they are preparing for disasters...