Prepared Society Forum banner

Hello from the dry part of the Evergreen State

764 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  tsrwivey 
#1 ·
Hello all. I have recently joined this board after looking for the Hellcat pack, and then staying to look around.

I am a 35 year old O.R. nurse in a smallish hospital in the Tri-Cities, Washington. I have two great kids (8 and 1.5yrs), and a wonderful wife that doesn't always get my prepping "thing" but is either slowly coming around, or simply being worn down into acceptance. I'm into the Martial arts and shooting, and am just getting started with hiking / back packing.

I am looking forward to interacting with all of you. I hope I can be of some use around here, if only to copy my kids and ask "Why?"...

jim

#5 ·
All it takes to bring a doubtful spouse around is that first "minor" SHTF moment. You know... when there is the possibility of work being "downsized", or an unexpected expense that would have made grocery shopping that week out of the question.

Go through this ONCE, and you'll have a convert, if not a zealot, on your hands. BTDT :)

#7 ·
Hello all. I have recently joined this board after looking for the Hellcat pack, and then staying to look around.

I am a 35 year old O.R. nurse in a smallish hospital in the Tri-Cities, Washington. I have two great kids (8 and 1.5yrs), and a wonderful wife that doesn't always get my prepping "thing" but is either slowly coming around, or simply being worn down into acceptance. I'm into the Martial arts and shooting, and am just getting started with hiking / back packing.

I am looking forward to interacting with all of you. I hope I can be of some use around here, if only to copy my kids and ask "Why?"...

jim
Hello to you and to Backlash.........I also am from the dry side, Omak actually. This is a great forum....you can and will learn everything you will ever need! Might be a slight exaggeration but not much :flower:

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum :wave: I'm on the dry side but it's of Oregon, I was born in Washington tho, does that count?? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.