Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mainstreetamerican, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Well I found the site after searching for survival and prepping websites. I have been prepping for about a year now and find myself addicted. Recently I have started a new business creating rain collection systems. I plan on posting an add on this site for the business just thought I would introduce myself first.

2. Davo45

Davo45 New here

Hello & Welcome

Glad to have you aboard. My late father's family is scattered around Texas. I THINK I've got a cousin in your area, but haven't seen her for about 20 years. :eek:

I've been collecting rain water in a 50 gallon food grade bucket (purchased from a former winery) mainly for watering my garden. I keep a screen covering the top of it with bungee cords around the rim. The garden likes rain water, but it's been so dry this year there isn't any left. :gaah:

3. That's exactly how I do it as well, I also use them for bulk food storage. Here in Texas we are dry as well, it sucks but when we get rain its a noticeable difference in my water bill.

4. kejmack

kejmack Texas!!!

Rain collection systems in a state where it has stopped raining. LOL Glad to have you. There are plenty of Texans on this site.

5. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

6. I can't make the weather, I know it sucks. But that is why you get the rain systems... Thank you all for the reception :)

7. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

8. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

:wave: Glad you found us! I live in Tyler, TX so I'm not far. Travel your way frequently to Children's Medical Center. I'll wave next time!

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

Rainwater is our primary source for the garden, laundry, showers, and dishes. We don't have a well ($12,000 to $15,000 to drill one here).

Our system automatically drains from the rain barrels at each corner of the house into a 1,000 gallon cistern. We also have gutters on all our outbuildings that drain into barrels, which we dip out of to water the chickens and goat.

I'm looking forward to see what sort of systems you do! There's always more to learn!

:)