Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found the site after searching for survival and prepping websites. I have been prepping for about a year now and find myself addicted. Recently I have started a new business creating rain collection systems. I plan on posting an add on this site for the business just thought I would introduce myself first.

·
New here
137 Posts
Hello & Welcome

Glad to have you aboard. My late father's family is scattered around Texas. I THINK I've got a cousin in your area, but haven't seen her for about 20 years. :eek:

I've been collecting rain water in a 50 gallon food grade bucket (purchased from a former winery) mainly for watering my garden. I keep a screen covering the top of it with bungee cords around the rim. The garden likes rain water, but it's been so dry this year there isn't any left. :gaah:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to have you aboard. My late father's family is scattered around Texas. I THINK I've got a cousin in your area, but haven't seen her for about 20 years. :eek:

I've been collecting rain water in a 50 gallon food grade bucket (purchased from a former winery) mainly for watering my garden. I keep a screen covering the top of it with bungee cords around the rim. The garden likes rain water, but it's been so dry this year there isn't any left. :gaah:
That's exactly how I do it as well, I also use them for bulk food storage. Here in Texas we are dry as well, it sucks but when we get rain its a noticeable difference in my water bill.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

Rainwater is our primary source for the garden, laundry, showers, and dishes. We don't have a well ($12,000 to $15,000 to drill one here).

Our system automatically drains from the rain barrels at each corner of the house into a 1,000 gallon cistern. We also have gutters on all our outbuildings that drain into barrels, which we dip out of to water the chickens and goat.

I'm looking forward to see what sort of systems you do! There's always more to learn!

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts