Hello from southern California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jennifer, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

Hello, I found this forum via Google. I recently joined my employer's Urban Search and Rescue Team and am getting weekly first-responder training. One of our first lessons was about earthquake preparedness which raised my awareness sky-high. We were woefully UNprepared at home so I got busy right away. So far, we have started securing objects around the home, and I have begun assembling a kit for each car.

I work full-time and I feel pretty overwhelmed with all that still needs to be done, if I'm missing anything, which items are best, where to purchase them, etc. However, I realize that even our small start is a big step beyond where we were a month ago.

Looking forward to learning a lot here -- thank you for providing these forums.

2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:Jennifer from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts. I live near Temecula, I'm 3rd generation San Diegian.

Last edited: May 24, 2010

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

4. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

:welcome: Hello, Nice to meet Ya!

5. Donba

Donba Member

Jennifer SOS out in the San Fernando Valley has a lot of stuff for sale at not to Reasonable prices. But there quality is good...Don

6. tmttactical

tmttactical Supporting Member

Warm welcome from the Arizona valley folks.

I lived in the SF Bay area during the last really big quake (freeway collapsed, etc.). Water and water filtration is my priority. You already have a good start by anchoring objects. Eating the whale --- one bite at a time. Great knowlege, great people on this forum, ask and you shall receive---after checking the archives. ;)

7. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

Welcome from Alaska. It may sound trite but the longest journey begins with the first step. Set small goals and enjoy you successes. If you are better prepared than you were a week ago or a month ago that is a win. This is a marathon not a sprint.

8. phideaux

phideaux Dogs breath

Welcome Don to the forum from West Ky,

Preparing for xxxxxxxx is a never ending process.

Jim

9. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Cowboy

Welcome! Come on it and sit for a spell.

10. CrackbottomLouis

CrackbottomLouis Winston Smith Sent Me

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to your posts and any tips you learn and share :)

11. weedygarden

weedygarden Well-Known Member

Jennifer was a one post wonder, May 24, 2010! And some are still welcoming her.

12. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Cowboy

:eek: well...ain't she still welcomed? :eek:

13. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

My cousin was there for that. She moved back to TX not long after.

14. terri9630

A lot of old posts have been coming up recently. Many I've never seen before.

15. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

Like I said on another post, its CABIN FEVER, people are still stuck inside, probably the weather isn't allowing any work starts in gardening and building projects outside.

16. terri9630

It was 85 here today.....

17. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

7 year old thread and OP never returned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.