Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We're a white picket fence type typical family, at least from the outside....lol. Two parents, two childern, two cats...one dog...ect.

We just joined the forum. We've been learning about canning, preserving, pickling, and long term storage of food over the past little while.

We have already started our own garden, we dehydrate our own food, we all fish, and my daughter and I hunt (or I guess I should say try too). We're new and don't have a mentor so it's slow going on all fronts. Advice/mentoring is very welcome.

We've started customizing our basement storage area to give us an organized long term storage solution. We're building in a cold storage area for fruits and vegetables... or anything else that should be stored cold and humid, a cold dry storage area for long term storage of cans, food grade buckets of flour, oats, dried goods etc.

We're glad to have found this forum as any advice and open discussion only leads us to better solutions.

Thanks for having us.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome from another newbie, Dragon1900. We're in MB but I'm originally from Ontario, and spent 9 years living in Toronto before moving west :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

It sounds like you've got a good start on things!

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to reading the topics throughout the forum.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to reading the topics throughout the forum.
The forum is wonderful! So nice to get loads of info at yur fingertips! My son hooked me up with the website...I"ve told my brothers & sisters (I have 4 bros and 6 sisters!) as well as my other son & 2 daughters. I also sent the link to our Pastor who is a retired Policeman. Good info for anyone who can read the writing on the wall!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts