Hello from Oregon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fancy1, Jan 19, 2011.

1. fancy1

fancy1 Member

Hello All,

We're here on the beautiful, and very wet, Oregon Coast. And we've been "preppers" for, well, okay pretty much all our lives. We were both raised by depression era parents, grew up respecting the land, use only what you need, and to be prepared.
    I'm the canner and the major cook here, canning and dehydrating pretty much year round. Though our growing season is pretty short here, we manage to eek out enough to enjoy and some to put up for later.

So, Hi all!

Fancy

2. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Hi :welcome:

How is the flooding over there? I'm in the PNW as well and so far everything is good on my end

3. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:fancy1 from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

5. TNmedicman

TNmedicman NREMT-P

:welcome: welcome to the forum

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

7. fancy1

fancy1 Member

Thanks for the welcome!

We do have some high water, pastures are now lakes, and our spring is gushing. I just cringe seeing those up in Newport, with their homes sliding away.
    All we can do is try to divert the water flow, keep the drains clear of mud, and adapt to mother nature as best we can.

8. AnimalcrackerHerder

AnimalcrackerHerder Active Member

Welcome, we are from Oregon also. We both grew up in the Newport area and know how quickly the land can shift there. Our hearts go out to those that lost their homes.

You will find that the people here are helpful, friendly, and supportive. I will look foward to reading your posts.

9. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Hey fancy1, welcome to the forum. I'm also from Oregon, but the east side of Mt. Jefferson, over by the Madras area. This is a great forum so enjoy!!!