Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fiona, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

Hi all! Just found your forum accidentally and was very happy to see it! We are a homeschooling, homesteading (newbie) family who bought a farm 5 years ago and left the rat race (for the most part). We're still neophytes but are learning. We are working on our food storage, learning new skills, and trying to figure out how much we can learn before the manure hits the oscillating device (worse than it is now). I'm excited to read over all the posts!:wave:

2. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Retired Air Force

Welcome to the boards

3. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

Thanks! We're retired AF too!

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

Sounds like you're already well along the road to being prepard!

Wow, we have so many members from Ohio and Pennsylvania now...people in that part of the country are either really smart or things are really scary there! :D

This is a great site for finding out anything you want to know! We're even known to stray (sometimes quite widely!) from the topic of prepping!

:)

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

6. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome. Glad to meet you.

7. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome! - from another Ohio homeschooler ;) And congrats on being a newbie homesteader - that's fantastic!

8. Hiker72

Hiker72 New Member

Welcome from another Ohio native.

9. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

10. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

:welcome: Hope you learn a lot from this site!

11. oilcan

oilcan Gear Head

Howdy from Zanesville.

12. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard!:wave: I was in Bloomingdale earlier this week, nice country down that way.:2thumb:

13. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

Thanks for the great welcome! I can't claim to be a native Ohioan - we only moved here 4 years ago, but we're trying LOL! Zanesville and Bloomindgale aren't far from my neck of the woods (in/around Steubenville). Hope this is kosher, but has anyone heard of a group called A.N.T.S.? Americans Networking to Survive? The premise is that you get to know other preppers in the area so that when TSHTF you can pool your resources or help each other out.

14. Hiker72

Hiker72 New Member

We won't hold it against you not being native. :)

unless of course you are from Michigan....:gaah:

On the ANTS -
    A.N.T.S

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  15. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum:wave:

16. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

quite a bit of both actually, both states have large Amish & Mennonite populations, plus mainstream religion dominance (without checking) is probably Protestant (work ethic & all that). Also, I think that many of us have been homeschooled in a manner that defies the villification of the process by the lamestream media.

P.S. homeschoolers went from 36,403 in 2000 to 51,697 in 2008 in Ohio while the overall population remained nearly static ( 11.3 M to 11.5 M )

17. oilcan

oilcan Gear Head

Never heard of the ants thing. (except at a picnic) And I formally apologize for my terribly dry sense of humor. ;)

18. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

Apologies accepted, Oilcan....I love a dry sense of humor...the drier the better. No wasting water that way.
    Hiker, I can promise you that I am not, nor have I ever been, from Michigan. Swam in Lake Michigan once, but nope.

19. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Welcome:welcome: Fiona from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

20. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

Thanks, Bunkerbob! I see you're not that far from one of the places we used to call home - we had friends in Temecula!