Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by doc66, Apr 12, 2009.

1. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Found the site searching Google... looking froward to seeing what's going on here.

I'm a closet prepper, as it were, and always looking for ideas and information. One of a loosely organized group of like minded folks who get together and hang out and share info.

Looking forward to contributing.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Good to have you. Welcome and enjoy.

3. MaryV

MaryV Well-Known Member

hi and welcome. I hope you will share all you know with me, I have learned a lot from this site and its a great bunch of people here.
    I am new to this, since around november, never even heard of prepping before that. wish I had begun a long time ago, but better late than never as they say!

4. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Thanks all, I stumbled on this site when I was helping a friend get started in prepping and getting sites and info toward that end. So far I've just lurked around a bit and only posted a couple of things, but as time goes on, I hope to add more!

5. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. Hope we can learn from one another. Lots of useful tips on this site.

6. Welcome, it's great to have you! How long have you been prepping for?

7. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

greetings, fellow Ohioan

GO CAVS!

8. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

No need to lurk. Get posting! We're all friendly here. ;-)

9. Turkish

Turkish Guest

Yes, we are! Welcome, glad to have you.

10. mona

mona Guest

Welcome from Oregon.

11. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Guest

Hi Doc,

I'm new as well, and also from Ohio (central Ohio).

Have a lot of stuff already prepped, however, food is one thing that was kind of neglected (why, I have no idea, other than having a hectic life with activities and kids). That is now changing.

12. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

I am central Ohio as well. Food is something you never feel like you have enough of. I jsut got off the phone with a buddy and we're talking about splitting cost on a shipment of Emergancy Essentials and Honeyville Grains!

Good to know there is more of us around here.

13. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Guest

My wife and I were both speaking about this tonight. I've always been a libertarian, but getting the wife to go with any kind of thing like this has always been a tough sell, though she shares my views. Suddenly she's all for this, in gangbusters. We're clearing the basement this weekend.

The nice thing about central Ohio, when push comes to shove, is you can pretty much grow anything here in abundance for nutrition. Heck you can spit on the lawn and ten rows of corn pop up from it a week later.

We've a nice garden that we're expanding, and do dehydrating and canning already. Now it's just a matter of stockpiling, if that's the right word, which I think may not be the case.

Glad to meet you Doc. :)

14. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Having the other half on board is a HUGE thing. I have a friend whose wife "allows" him to prep, but doesn't actively participate. Thankfully, mine does and even comes up with "what would we do?" conversation starters. SO congrats on her getting involved.

Nice to meet you as well, drop a PM sometime. A bunch of us "preppers" get together for functions and a canoe trip is coming up. Some of us are more hard core than others, but we all have a good time... and we all met on the internet!

15. Welcome from Utah! I used to live in Cleveland, Ohio - loved it.

16. Samoan

Samoan Guest

Is your name Doc or are you a doctor?

Y'all brought up a good point, I never thought of "what if my husband didn't actively prep or help me prep?"

I can't imagine doing it all on my own or having someone around who isn't as into the idea as I am. Thankfully my husband is a hard core prepper....maybe even a little more than I am but shhh, don't let him know I said that!:D

17. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Doc is a nickname.

Hard core is good, as long as the tin foil is not on too tight! I have a friend that sometimes--but then more often I find myself talking on his level. Or him on mine--is that bad?