Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings Everyone, I live in the far portion of North Idaho in the mountains away from cities. Its about an two hour trip to a major city of any size. There are several things I enjoy such as Preparedness, Survival, Ham Radio, Camping, Mountain Man encampments, Gardening, Electronics and woodworking.

Through Amateur Radio I have taken several courses on emergency preparedness along with many of the FEMA courses. Been involved for years with ARES amateur radio emergency services. But it has been from my own experiences of long term power outages and serve weather conditions of the mountains that preparedness is a must and duty of self reliance. The old scout motto of be prepared has paid of several times. And in areas of not being prepared it has awaken me to the greater need of being prepared in areas I had not thought of.

Thus I have joined this site to not only share what I may know, but to learn further in areas I do not. I look forward to the exchange of information on this forum. I like to blog things I have learned on a WP bog site http://www.preparednesssite.com where I can get the information out to others so that they may be perpared in areas they may not of thought off.

Looking forward to getting to know others here of like mind and desire to preparedness.

ToGoKit

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

You're practically in our neighborhood, next door here in Montana!

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, Excited to get familier with the Society here and appreciate the welcome. Looks like lots of good infor and people here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

You're practically in our neighborhood, next door here in Montana!

:)
Yep I am real close to the stateline here.. Say saw you got some short stories up here, I love to read and will be getting to them soon here. Will be spending the 4th in Troy Mt tommorrow.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yep I am real close to the stateline here.. Say saw you got some short stories up here, I love to read and will be getting to them soon here. Will be spending the 4th in Troy Mt tommorrow.
We're over closer to Eureka, but Troy/Libby aren't a far hop. There's a couple of other people here on the forum in the Bonner's Spring area, and we get together from time to time. We plan to get together somewhere near Libby soon.

Hope you enjoy the stories over, and hope you had a great 4th!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts