Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 27 months from retirement. We will be comfortable but not overly so. We are looking for a region to retire to. Close enough to shopping, the wife has needs!! Say 1 hour or so from Wally World, Costco and Kohls. We could survive for at least 6 months right now if the grid went down. We have back ups for our back ups. We have a well equipped shop. We don't put up our own foods yet. We have hundreds of jars and all the the materials to do so. so we will be looking to some of you for advice in the future. We have had gardens in the past and will in the future, not until we move though. We have enough hunting gear and ammo for a life time, fishing also. We also have the skills to use both. There are a few states that we are looking at for our final house, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Nevada. We will need 3-5 acres. Flat enough for gardening and raising a few animals. Water not to deep.We will build our own place. We have already been going through our stuff and are ready to down sizes. Don't need 4 cars, three bedroom sets. Looking to build a very energy efficient house. 1500 square feet or less. And of course a good size shop. We will want power, but we will also add solar. I have been planning this for years and i'm very excited to begin shortly. Love finding treasures at yard sale and auctions. if anyone has any ideas of good areas of the above states to look at please contact us.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Welcome aboard, great plan, sounds well thought out. Unfortunately, I live in Ohio, can't help you there, but you can learn and share alot here.:wave:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome!:wave:

Can't help with the land search but I hope it goes well.:goodluck:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome! Sorry cant help you out to much as i am in California were they find a way to charge you a tax or fee.....probably a flat land tax on the books somewhere but i look forward to hearing your posts!

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Hi Grizz. Congrats on your being so close to retirement and I wish you the best of luck. I hope you stick around here and keep us posted as you progress in your preparations.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello and Welcome

Good luck with your future plans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts