Hello from New Mexico

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rwings, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Rwings

Rwings New Member

I am relatively new to prepping and I am diligently working on my preps. I have learned a lot in the last year and am looking forward to discovering new ideas and information from my fellow preppers.

2. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Welcome:welcome: Rwings from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.
    I spent my last two years in the service at Cannon AFB, the only problem is it is 100 miles from everything, Albuquerque, Roswell, Lubbock, does it still say something about the peanut basin on a sign outside of town. Great museum there about Clovis man. This was around 1970ish. Are the stock yards still there, we had an T-33 aircraft crash there. Spent a lot of time caving and hunting down south near Roswell, too many stories....

4. Rwings

Rwings New Member

I retired from the AF at Cannon and decided to make it home. All the job offers I got when retiring where in big cities. After 911 I decided to stick to small towns.

5. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard! :wave: Anywhere near Philmont?

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Sail, Philmont is way up north by Taos, Santa Fe, Red River, Clovis is down off the Hyw60.
    By the way how are you, you can answer at QT.

8. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum:wave: Lots of good helpful people here!

9. wolfrem68

wolfrem68 Member

Thanks to all for the welcome

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I live near Texarkana, Tx. I noticed several of you are from New Mexico - I moved from there a couple of years ago. Lived there for 12 years - Deming - Silver City and Albuquerque. Beautiful State.
    I need some one's plans or ideas on building a secret space in my closet for storage. We were thinking of putting in new shelving and thought of takeing in the end of it. Need ideas for the door opening.
    Again, thanks for the welcome:wave:

10. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share what you have learned and feel free to ask any question, you will get a lot of good answers that will be helpful.

11. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave: