Hello from New Mexico

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Attila, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Attila

Attila Good Old Boy

Greetings from beautiful New Mexico.

Lived a long time in the country and now live in town and very dissatisfied with it. Hate the noise and hustle. Starting to look for a few small acres out of town to at least retreat to for the interim, but long term would like to build and retire there. I figure two to five acres will be enough for that purpose even here in the dry southwest.

Interested in self sufficiency and off grid living, or as off grid as one can comfortable achieve.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Roswell, huh? Welcome to earth! Okay, I bet you hear enough of that as it is!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have a good plan laid out. I hope you find the acreage you're looking for.

:)

3. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Welcome, and don't forget your iodine tabs and tinfoil hat, lol.

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

5. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum:wave:

6. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Welcome:welcome: Attila from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts. I spent 2 wonderful years in Clovis in early 1970 while in the Air Force. I also scuba dived in the bottomless lakes there in Roswell. Got to know the ranger there and got special permission to do it back then. Unbeleivable beauty.

7. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

8. Attila

Attila Good Old Boy

Sorry its taken so long to get back and say hello. 2012 has been a crazy year. Winding down now, although I wish it were ending on a happier note than it seems to be. Oh well, its not anything I haven't been expecting for a long time. When you have politicians spending like there's no end, there will eventually be a day of reckoning, and that day is upon us.

Sad to see the sorry state of the country too. Ask most people who their congressman or woman is and you'll get a blank stare. Ask them who's on dancing with the nitwits and they'll give you the life history of every contestant. Doesn't say much about our fellow countrymen and women does it.

Nice forum with like minded individuals. Glad to be here and hope to be on more regular.

9. Survival_Foods_LLC

Survival_Foods_LLC www.survival-food-kits.com