Hello from NC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shellyann36, May 30, 2011.

1. shellyann36

shellyann36 Member

Hello everyone, Shelly from NC here. SAHM of 4 boys with twins on the way. Interested in gardening, prepping, small livestock and learning new things. I look forward to participating in the forum!

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Come on in!

3. pmabma

pmabma Well-Known Member

4. JustCliff

JustCliff Supporting Member

Hey from NC Shellyann. Im a couple hours north of you near the state line.

5. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave: With 4 boys and twins on the way you have a full time job and then some. :congrat: I miss those days, 5 of my 6 are grown and gone. Enjoy them while you have them. I think you'll find a lot of good info here to help you along the way.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

7. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Welcome. Always good to have another NC member here.

8. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

9. shellyann36

shellyann36 Member

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! I am enjoying this forum!

10. shellyann36

shellyann36 Member

Hi aj, thanks for the welcome. The 3 older boys are 21, 20 & 17 years old. My fourth son is 20 months old. I am starting all over again.

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Wow, that's exciting! Do you know yet whether the twins are boys, girls, or one of each?
    When will they make their arrival?

12. Davo45

Davo45 New here

Hello and welcome Shelly. Glad to have you here. I saw you liked gardening, do you have a traditional garden? Have you ever heard about or tried square foot gardening in raised beds?

This is my 3rd year gardening in raised beds and only wish I'd started it several years ago. I'm convinced that the quality of your dirt is more important than how much of it you have, i.e. I've raised okra plants that produced great in 1'x4' beds made from 1"x6"s....they were over 8' tall! :2thumb:

13. shellyann36

shellyann36 Member

I go on the 7th of June for my ultra sound and amniocentesis check. I hope to find out then. I am due November 6th but will go in early for C-section. My OB has said at approx. 38 weeks instead of 40. My age (39) has me classified as a "high risk" factor. I am hoping for at least 1 girl. There are two amniotic sacs so it is possible for one of each. After raising all boys I might just be stumped with girls. LOL!

14. shellyann36

shellyann36 Member

Hello there Dave45. We have a raised bed garden right now. We got a late start so we do not have all that we want. Currently we have two 2X6 foot beds with squash, eggplants, tomatoes, cukes, basil, marigolds & cilantro. In the past I have tried many methods, traditional, sq. foot gardening and even dabbled a bit in permaculture. We have moved so many times within the past 4 years that we have not had the chance at an established garden really. I lost my job and construction dried up for my SO and we have bounced around according to work. Fortunately, he has a good job now and it looks like we might stay in one spot. We have actually kicked around the idea of buying the place that we are renting. Our little garden is not looking so great at the moment. but I am hoping that it comes around. We are applying a deep mulch to it today.