Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MNfisherman
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! What a great site! Exactly what I have been looking for.
I'm 43, married with two kids, (8 & 12). As things around us start to unwravel I have made a committment to myself and family that we will not be caught unprepared. My other half is not convinced that anything is going to disrupt her daily routine and I am a crackpot who reads too much. That being said, I need to be proactive and yet quiet about it.

:2thumb:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Welcome, fellow crackpot. :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome: We're all crackpots here. Just ask my step-son. :rolleyes:
He calls me "Dale Gribble" from the cartoon "King of the Hill"

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome

:threadbump: I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it, you should too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm with ditzyjan - loving the insanity.
The whole peak oil, economy, thing has us on our toes and living better than we ever thought possible - on less.
Not looking forward to winter though. I have soooo much more to get put up from the garden.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Ooooh, MyBackAchers, you used the "W" word! *shudder* Yep, firewood-cutting season is just around the corner, along with canning, dehydrating, hunting, butchering... :gaah:

Next thing, you'll be using that awful 4-letter word, "sn**"! "Back, back!" I'll yell, as I brandish my sn** shovel at you! Double-:gaah::gaah: :)nuts::ignore:)

Anyway, bbgun, if you're still on here sometimes, I hope you've come a ways in your prepping and that your wife is getting interested too!

And if nothing else, at least hopefully you're enjoying being part of our insanity! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts